ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Electrical

Old 02-14-2013, 07:37 PM

Default Wiring Harness

I'm Asking for some wiring help on my 66 chevelle this is a factory harness i got with the car. Could you identify some of these wires im not sure were they go
1. picture 2295 is the harness across the core support to the pass front. green and yellow are headlights, if purple is turn signal, what is the blue for?
2. picture 2296 the cut brown wire on the driver side harness from the firewall.
3. picture 2298 this harness is a mess.. the only one i know is the fan motor there are 3 wires im not sure of a purple, black with a purple stripe... and a blue

I am not restoring it to stock i am using parts that came with the car
454 , Edelbrock performer 2-0, Edelbrock 1812 1473 Carb.
Mallory Unilite Breakerless H.P.Distributor
Mallory promaster 12 volt coil
100 amp alternator
Would also like help in wiring it with no voltage regulator since this will be built in the alternator.
do you have a diagram i could follow for wiring this properly with what i am using
Greatly appreciated
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2295.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	2541   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2296.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	2542   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG2298.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	2543  
Old 02-16-2013, 07:47 AM

Looking at a wiring diagram here my best guess.

The blue wire goes to your parking light with along with the turn signal wire. The cut brown wire I think is for your coil. The last one, purple I think goes to you starter and a blue and black go to the wiper motor.

Thanks Hank for chimming in on this one.

Last edited by shadowgray396; 02-16-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Thanks
Old 02-16-2013, 08:22 AM

1. picture 2295 is the harness across the core support to the pass front. green and yellow are headlights, if purple is turn signal, what is the blue for? Both the blue and purple got to the parking light/turn signal.

2. picture 2296 the cut brown wire on the driver side harness from the firewall. Is this what is called the forward light harness, can't tell from the pic? It would run from firewall over inner fender up to horn relay, headlights etc. If so the brown wire may run to the voltage regulator.

3. picture 2298 this harness is a mess.. the only one i know is the fan motor there are 3 wires im not sure of a purple, black with a purple stripe... and a blue Purple wire may go to starter solenoid. Blue, oil pressure switch? Black with purple stripe, not sure. We are talking about engine harness, right?

Would also like help in wiring it with no voltage regulator since this will be built in the alternator.
do you have a diagram i could follow for wiring this properly with what i am using This may have been done already since the brown wire to the external voltage regulator has already been cut. Can you trace back the 2 wires going to the alt?

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 03-09-2013, 10:14 PM

Thanks for your help!