ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Paint and Body
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 03-16-2010, 04:38 PM

They tell me it should be done by mid April.
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:46 PM

Keep us posted
Old 04-20-2010, 04:36 PM

Sure will. They told me yesterday it should be done at the end of May which sounded about right. I thought when they first told me they would have it done in six weeks I thought they were being a little optimistic.
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
Old 04-21-2010, 10:16 AM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1 View Post
Sure will. They told me yesterday it should be done at the end of May which sounded about right. I thought when they first told me they would have it done in six weeks I thought they were being a little optimistic.
So April came and went, now they have given you May as a finish date. Have you seen the car since they started working on it?

Keep us posted on the progress.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 04-21-2010, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
So April came and went, now they have given you May as a finish date. Have you seen the car since they started working on it? Keep us posted on the progress.
I haven't seen it yet but they did call me last Tursday to tell me the repro fender on the passenger side will need two more hours of body work to make it fit correctly. I thought it was funny they wanted to get my approval for two extra hours of work when the whole job is going to cost almost 12k. Whats two hours in the long run, you know. I asked them joking are they going to call me when things cost less; she told me it was a policy the owner had in place to any price changes but still I thought it was funny.

Last edited by rak1; 04-21-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 05:13 PM

Well I called B&T today and they told me they moved to the bed of the Camino and that if I wanted to come by that would be great so at least they are making progress.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:56 PM

UPDATE: Well I went over there yesterday and the work looks great but they are going at a slower pace then they promised, but I'm cool with it. Currently they have the hood, fenders, cowl, and doors striped, sanded and blocked and have just started working on the bed. They haven't really started on the body yet so I'm thinking they should be done sometime in July. Heck, it gives me more time to get out of debt which works for me.

Last edited by rak1; 05-06-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:31 PM

Sounds like it's moving along. You need to take pictures when you go and post them so we can watch the progress too.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 05-25-2010, 11:05 AM

Well it's in primer now and they called us to ask about how we wanted the spray in bed liner to go since this is going to be a driver, and it was time to select the paint color we wanted. Mary (MarMar) selected a very nice shade of red and I have to admit its a very nice color. When we we're there they had the Camino in the paint booth spraying a primer coat; it was nice to see they were making more progress.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:15 AM
Administrator Bowtie Member

I bet you guys are getting excited now. Don't forget a pic or two, so we can follow along.

Dave