ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Interiors

Old 01-04-2010, 01:22 PM

Default Detroit Speed and Enginerring wiper system

I need to upgrade/replace my original wiper system with something else and I was looking at the Selecta-Speed Wiper Kit-A-Body made by Detroit Speed. The system for my 1967 would cost $325 and seems very complete; has anyone on this site used one, and how did the installation go? Any problems???

The link is: http://www.detroitspeed.com/productp...r_kit_prod.htm
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.

Last edited by rak1; 01-04-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1 View Post
I need to upgrade/replace my original wiper system with something else and I was looking at the Selecta-Speed Wiper Kit-A-Body made by Detroit Speed. The system for my 1967 would cost $325 and seems very complete; has anyone on this site used one, and how did the installation go? Any problems???

The link is: http://www.detroitspeed.com/productp...r_kit_prod.htm
I haven't used one yet but I plan on it. I do have a bud with a 66 El Camino with one and he just loves it.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP46 View Post
I haven't used one yet but I plan on it. I do have a bud with a 66 El Camino with one and he just loves it.
Thank you for the response; if you install one before I do this summer let me know how it turns out.
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:16 AM
Administrator Bowtie Member

I am curious about this system to. Hoping you folks post more.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
I am curious about this system to. Hoping you folks post more.
will do! I'm planning on buying this kit with some of my tax return money this year. I figure it gives me somthing I can work on during the spring.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:39 AM

I have on in my '66 and love it. Drove the car 500 miles in the rain to Nashville last summer and the intermittent speeds made all the difference. Can't go wrong with anything from DSE, great products and great people.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Administrator Bowtie Member

Only wish I could afford more of their products. Would love to try out a suspension package.
Old 01-28-2010, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Only wish I could afford more of their products. Would love to try out a suspension package.
I have their complete front and rear suspensions and can tell you they're worth every nickel. The car handles like a slot car and rides great, pretty much what you'd expect from a company owned by former GM suspension engineers. All of their stuff is fantastic and their service is even better.