ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 09-08-2014, 10:42 AM

Hank, the squealing could also be the pilot bushing going bad. I don't have an M21, but do have a M20 that has been rebuilt. I also have an M21 that I got when I bought the Hemi. I don't know the condition, but it looks good with the door off.

Tell Henry to work some over-time.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:41 PM

I though of that Tony but it didn't squeal with the engine running and the car stopped. That's when I would think it would squeal the most. With the car moving, in gear, clutch engaged, the flywheel and input shaft are spinning together at the same speed and it squealed then. That was my thoughts, am I looking at it wrong?

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 09-08-2014, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
I want to go ,ya'll have the best shows I cant go to ,one day though .
John, Friday was miserable, hot and humid, some rain. Saturday, awesome, perfect weather and the place was packed. I can't find any info on the number of cars yet but it had to be at least 3,000. Always been a variety of classics, anything from 1978 or before, but seemed to be even more weighted towards muscle cars than in the past.

My Chevelle
Old 09-08-2014, 06:11 PM

You are thinking correct Hank.

The golf carts this year were a real pain in the ass. It has gotten way out of hand.

The number of hot rods was way down this year. Maybe just dinosaurs like me are still building them.

Look at the ratios on a 21 compared to a 20. You may want the 2.52 first gear in there. I really liked it in my Chevelle. That's the reason I bought this one, for the Nova. I'm just too lazy to swap them.
Old 09-08-2014, 07:46 PM

The problem with an M20 is 1st and 2nd are too close together. If I let the RPMs drop going into 2nd I get engine braking. I could start in 2nd or start in 1st and skip second.

I mentioned to Henry what you said about the Nova, he agreed he couldn't afford it now. He was also a little concerned about the warranty after talking to Ric this weekend.

My Chevelle
Old 09-08-2014, 07:53 PM

Hank ,we know all too well about the heat and humidity ,its been terrible here too. I've been sweating at work even when in the air conditioned buildings .In our area we have had thunder showers everyday except today for the last 2 weeks .I cant keep my grass cut it has rained so much .

John
Old 09-08-2014, 11:13 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

I will be writing a email to the Frankenmuth organizers to request that they review the golf carts and keep it to just handicap people and not to who ever has one like they did this year.
Old 09-09-2014, 05:01 AM

Ric, I am in contact with the head service writer at Applegate Chevrolet in regards to the lighter problem. He is going to contact the Zone Rep and see if he can get it covered under the warranty. If that fails, I will pursue a meeting with Zora Duntov to see if we can get this resolved. My sales manager is offering to send a wrecker to pick the car up for your convenience. How's that for after the sale service?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:06 AM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
Ric, I am in contact with the head service writer at Applegate Chevrolet in regards to the lighter problem. He is going to contact the Zone Rep and see if he can get it covered under the warranty. If that fails, I will pursue a meeting with Zora Duntov to see if we can get this resolved. My sales manager is offering to send a wrecker to pick the car up for your convenience. How's that for after the sale service?
Hate to break this to you, Zora passed away quite awhile ago and as mad as I was I don't want you to go see him...lol Do you think the throw out bearing going is related to the lighter or clock?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
Hate to break this to you, Zora passed away quite awhile ago and as mad as I was I don't want you to go see him...lol Do you think the throw out bearing going is related to the lighter or clock?
Zora is dead? Whatchootalkinbout Willis? I was hoping to see him at the Elvis concert at the Silverdome this weekend.

I think the tob is tied to both accessories, by way of a 3/8 " cable. When one goes bad, the weight of the cable tries to interface the other two, thus creating a fault at the computer box. Let me check that hypothesis out on my phone.