ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Interiors

Old 05-16-2017, 10:35 PM

Default Vintage Air Systems

One of my goals is to clean up the engine compartment on my 68 Chevelle by removing the heater box and fan and installing the blank plate. Has anyone used the Vintage Air SureFit electronic system? Just wondering if you had any trouble installing up under the dash.

Thanks in advance

Perry
Old 10-12-2017, 08:26 PM

I noticed no one answered your question. maybe you should repost? I am looking at a 69 that came with factory air, but the prior owner did a a/c delete. I wonder how difficult it would be to "un delete" it and get it functioning again. they took the air box off from engine compartment, and needs compressor, etc. but the vents and dash controls are still intact.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
I noticed no one answered your question. maybe you should repost? I am looking at a 69 that came with factory air, but the prior owner did a a/c delete. I wonder how difficult it would be to "un delete" it and get it functioning again. they took the air box off from engine compartment, and needs compressor, etc. but the vents and dash controls are still intact.
should be a simple R&R with a parts car
Old 02-08-2018, 09:21 PM

Default Vintage Air

I installed the Vintage Air system in my 1968 ss396 convertible two years ago. It is a well engineered kit! It went together easily, the hardest part was routing the heater and AC hoses through the firewall and into the underdash area. Smaller hands may have helped, Vaseline helped a lot!
Old 02-12-2018, 10:47 AM

the cost of vintage air is beyond my budget, and then its 20 hrs of labor to get it in. I can just buy new parts and resurrect my existing factory air in the car which I plan to do
Old 02-13-2018, 02:23 AM

Mine had nothing when I got it just a big hole in the fire wall. I put a regular heater in it. Then I got a el camino for the correct A/C parts.
Old 02-15-2018, 04:04 PM

i still have the evaporator box and filter, but will replace the filter, and it still has some of the hoses, but need to get evaporator filter, condenser, compressor and drier, so all that stuff wont be cheap, but cheaper than going with vintage air