ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Introductions

Old 08-28-2011, 05:35 AM

Default New from Phoenix Az.

Hey All. Are Wagons welcome here? Hope so. I just became the owner of a 72 Chevelle wagon. I have wanted to own a 68-72 Chevelle wagon for many many years. For real. This is a very solid Az car that I plan to do all my fixing up as I drive it. It is very good shape but the body needs a once over and then paint. Not to hard. I use to do that for a living. Just waiting for the heat to go away.
Anyways here is my Chevelle wagon

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...cpZZ1QQtppZZ24
Old 08-28-2011, 08:45 AM

Wagons are welcome. I have a friend who converted his to look like an SS one. It looks great and is a fun cruiser to swap meet and shows. Also welcome aboard.

Ray
Old 08-28-2011, 09:11 AM

I was going to convert one to a two door and make it a Nomad SS, but I never got that project off the ground. Welcome aboard!
Old 08-28-2011, 12:03 PM

Cool, Thanks guys.
I am quite the wagon fan. A wagon is what I wanted. I have met and talked to a few guys that have Coupes and El Caminos. They have been cool to me but it is funny how the tell me the mods I can do to make it "Better" for me. like one ElCamino guy said that I could cut the roof off and weld up the rear doors and make a convertible El camino. LOL! Also a lot of them talk about the turning into a two door "Nomad" style. They are all cool to me and I do appreciate their input and treating me like they "Except" me into their Chevelle brotherhood. But it is funny how they talk to me like I have this wagon because it is what I had to settle with. LOL No guys. I really wanted the Chevelle Wagon. It is what I was after. I also like to keep it as it is. I do like it when they do the wagons as SSs. That is a very cool look and that was a thought. I love it when the Pontiac guys turn the LaMans wagons into GTOs. But because that is such a common thing to do on the wagon side. I am thinking about keeping it Plain Jane looking. Even want to keep the flat hood. Just want to keep it clean looking. White and some fatter wheels and tires.

I spent my years doing the high performance/drag racing stuff. I am over all of that (For Now). This one I am going to keep it very tame and very drivable. I want to go on rod runs and tours with it. That is the direction I am going. Low Buck and basic. Most radical I am going with it is that I will paint will be all white. but I am going to do some ghost flames on the front fenders. Not a lot. Just a few licks. I have always wanted to do that for years.

Anyways, thanks guys, for the welcome.
Matt
Old 08-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

Hi Matt,nice to have you here!
Old 08-28-2011, 05:08 PM

Hi Matt
Nice wagon you have there ,and I too want one real bad but my stable is full already .Wagons are cool .

John
Old 08-28-2011, 07:26 PM
Bowtie Member

Matt I like the fact that you are not going to "clone" the wagon. I think it is cool just the way it is. The only thing that I would do is air conditioning, especially if you are going to do some long trips. It looks like you are going to have a lot of fun.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 08-28-2011, 08:34 PM

Thanks All!
Oh I am totally planning on air. It has it and the equipment all looks like it is in good shape. That is going to be a winter project. I have to have air here in Phoenix. It is rough right now for me. So I will not be going through that next year.