ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Interiors

Old 02-04-2015, 04:46 AM

Sounds like your making some good progress!
Old 02-06-2015, 06:09 AM

I still got to get the top window insulation in to adjust everything. But i got the windows in and working. With the exception of the rear drivers side window. It needs taken out and cleaned and greased. For whatever reason I never took it out when I did the rest of them.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:06 PM

Windows done and in. I spent the day today cleaning the stainless above the windows. And the original screws to put it on. I need to go buy some 3M foam the goes in between that and the body.

Van got it's first oil change. Got the break in stuff out of it. Still got dyno death oil in it for the next 3000 miles. Then once the rings finish seating synthetic for the duration of its life.

Boat engines with thier flat torque bands are sweet in a driver. I am not disappointed in this engine. My engine builder recommends wide open throttle runs during this time to finish seating the rings. I love when I am forced to have fun.

Not to mention I am back to working on the chevelle. I need to start making my list again. It almost time to order a slew of new parts again. And I don't even have 3/4 of the new parts I got installed. Just taking my time and doing it the best i can. No rush it will get done.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:40 PM

Got my adhesive. Got the weather strippin above the door in. I like this, each step is like unwrapping a X-Mas present.
Old 02-10-2015, 05:15 AM

It's like every part you put on now, the light at the end of the tunnel keep just a little bit brighter!
Old 02-10-2015, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadracer392 View Post
It's like every part you put on now, the light at the end of the tunnel keep just a little bit brighter!
True. Granted family obligations slowed me down forever. Normal life just made it take a back burner.

For a while there I was looking thinking what have I got myself into. I wont live long enough to finish this at this rate. Not like when I was young and that was all I did. I had to go and settle down and get all respectable Damn it. LOL.

Now I see it and it all is worthwhile. I keep fighting the urge to just buy a engine and drive it as is. I promised myself this will be the first car I did that will have the finishing touches done before I ever drive it. I stroll past it now and it looking like something and your right. I can see the light getting brighter now. May have to get some sunglasses.

I can't believe my old azz is this excited about anything anymore. I guess deep down inside we never grow up.

I did get the seats to recline a inch at the top. Modified the seat catches. Something I like from more modern cars. I never adjust them so just make them so that is where they are. The lock on the side of the seat will still work. It isn't that noticeable them leaning back that little bit. I keep sitting in her thinking now that's better. Arm is perfect reach to the radio. Steering wheel right where I like it. Legs on the pedals just so. Got the tilt on the bottom of the seat just where i like it now. Dialing her in to suit me.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:01 AM
Bowtie Member

When I went back and starting reading the beginning of this thread it brought back memories of how I felt when I first started mine. Then as you read more and more you feel the frustration, determination and excitement as you get closer and closer as you finish each step.

Building your car the way you want with touches that you want makes every minute of frustration worth it.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 02-11-2015, 10:24 AM

Well I will say one thing. The second side sure goes quicker.
I washing the van and working out now. Start something else tomorrow. Relax a little.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:43 PM
Bowtie Member

And enjoy the progress that you have made.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 02-14-2015, 07:16 AM

Been cleaning under hood parts on the wire wheel. Got the engine mounting plates ready.
Brush painted POR in the under side spots and in the bolt holes where spraying just isnt efficient. Besides it in a place you can't see it once it bolted to the frame under the engine.
I think I will clean gad tank straps and the sender today. It about time to put a battery in and test all the electronics like gas gauge turn signals before that stuff is buried and hard to get to if there is a unforeseen issue. Just tinker toying along here.