ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 08-13-2019, 03:01 PM

Sounds like success. Glad she is doing better.
Old 08-13-2019, 07:30 PM

That's progress Ken. Tell Judy we're pulling for her.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 09-27-2019, 01:26 PM
Administrator

We went and saw the Doc on Aug 14th (I think) and he said everything is looking good. She still has a lot of pain down her leg and into her foot like before. We go back and see him next month...…..she still hasn't driven since July 10th...……..kinda shot our car season this year.
Old 09-28-2019, 04:34 AM

Ken, is her pain any worse than before the surgery or is it better? Therapy hasn't done a damn thing for me, and this shit is getting REAL painful now.
Old 10-03-2019, 06:39 PM
Administrator

She doesn't have any more pain in her back since the surgery......she mainly has the same pain in her lower leg and foot like with her hip replacement she had last year. She hasn't done any PT yet......shes kinda seeing how far she can do things on her own right now. After surgery Doctor had her on no BLT.....bending, lifting, twisting. Will let you know what he says on the 8th of this month.
Old 10-04-2019, 04:12 AM

Thanks Ken. Curious to see how she heals.

I gave up on my chiropractor. I went to school with him, so I have remained loyal to him for decades. He hasn't kept up with technology, at all. I started a program with the new guy Monday. He took a full set of x-rays, did some range of motion x-rays, and has a digital computer thing the shows the nerves and how much electric impulses are going through them. My lower three vertabre are almost fused solid now. He has made three adjustments so far and I already have had some pain relief. Very aggressive treatment.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Sit ups or stomach crunches. Strengthening your core/stomach muscles is one of the best things you can do for your back. Worth a shot and it's free.
I've done push ups most of my life. They do keep your back strong and keep you injury free.... I also do sit ups, crunches and pull ups.. They keep you feeling good. At 62 I am so glad I did this, my friends are cripples and watch me work on my car...
Old 10-10-2019, 05:14 PM

Ken, Judy needs PT. Don't care what she thinks it makes a difference. I've heard people say they did the PT and everything is fine now. Then there's those that don't follow through with PT and claim the surgery was a waste of time. Convince her to give it a try.

Tony, hope your new chiropractor gives you some relief.

I mentioned before that the ortho surgeon I saw a 3 weeks ago said you have some arthritis. Maybe someday you'll need a replacement shoulder joint but not now. He had nothing more to offer. Saw a different Doc last week. He also said rotator cuff tear was minor and really didn't require surgery. He said the joint is some what misaligned and he felt that was causing part of the pain. So he gave me a cortisone shot which did help alot. He also wanted me to see this other Doc, saw him today. He zapped my arm with electrical pulses and stuck some needles in in different spots. Trying to determine what was causing the tingling and numbness in my hand. Carpal tunnel he thinks so now I have a wrist brace.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 10-11-2019, 04:40 AM

Good that you don't need the surgery. Wrist brace going to slow you down on the complete remodel of your daughters new place?

My new chiro has made me feel a little better. This program is normally an 18 month deal. He's trying to do it in 21 days on me.
Old 10-12-2019, 07:58 AM

I have a customer who is a back surgeon, she said don't let them touch you unless you cant walk....