ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 01-05-2017, 02:30 PM

Default Where has everyone gone?

Seems like not much happen around here anymore. Been very quite.

Last edited by shadowgray396; 01-08-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:20 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

I'm working supporting Flint Tony and HankSS lifestyle here in Michigan so they can live the good life. I don't even get a thank you or pat on the back.
Old 01-05-2017, 03:23 PM

You're right. I've been busy for months. You remember the bathroom remodel I did last year? Well then it was rip up the carpet and padding in the bedroom, clean up the molding, replace some beat up molding around the door and paint the bedroom. Then same for the stairs and hallway upstairs. Then remodel the main bath upstairs. Got the bathroom door back on they day before our daughter flew in for Christmas. Definitely need the extra bath when she's here.

So the whole 2nd floor has been done in the last 2 years. Three bedrooms, 2 baths, hallway and stairs. Now I'm ready to jump in the motorhome and head to Fl. Won't be leaving until the end of the month but the wind chill here is close to 0 today so I wouldn't mind going now.

So I don't know what everyone else has been up to.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 01-05-2017, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
I'm working supporting Flint Tony and HankSS lifestyle here in Michigan so they can live the good life. I don't even get a thank you or pat on the back.
Pretty sure I've said thanks, keep up the good work more than once. Maybe I'll see Tony if he's in Fl when we head down there. I'll let him know he needs to give you a pat on the back the next time he sees you. Maybe a little rub on the head too. Oh, and stop your bitchin, you could retire if you wanted to.

My Chevelle
Old 01-05-2017, 03:29 PM

I am here several time a day. Just no one is posting. All I do is keep mine clean anymore. Nothing to report. Wife's last year of college then back to spending money on it I don't eally have LOL
Old 01-05-2017, 04:48 PM

Im here too.
My zolatone trunk paint cant be shiped because its to cold...what i was told.
Waiting for eastwood to ship 6in sander and pads for tub re clear and blend...server down
Tomorow im media blastin horns and primer paint.
Today was install front sway bar....im here.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:29 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
Pretty sure I've said thanks, keep up the good work more than once. Maybe I'll see Tony if he's in Fl when we head down there. I'll let him know he needs to give you a pat on the back the next time he sees you. Maybe a little rub on the head too. Oh, and stop your bitchin, you could retire if you wanted to.
Well that make everything good hearing that, I really like my new job right now as I get to play with some pretty cool things so I will work till it's no fun or When Leslie is ready to retire. I will be heading down to Florida for a boat show in early March on our A/C units and Marine sunroofs. Where will you guys be?

Plus my new project will be a JK jeep this year so I will be spending some money I'm sure as just between the lift kit and tires and wheels will be 5K.
Old 01-06-2017, 04:41 AM

I'm here. Just don't post much anywhere.

I've been clearing land with an ax, a chainsaw, a shovel, and a sawsall. Well, I WAS using the hand tools until the County Inspector came over and told me about the rattlesnakes that are in a hibernation state. They are living in the holes in the ground under the palmetto branches that I've been digging up. After doing a search, I found out that he wasn't bullshitting! So I had a guy come in with a machine and cut the major stuff down. Been raking and cleaning up brush for over a month.
I don't ever want to leave here now. When it gets hot, I may change my mind though.

Hank, if you are coming to Fla, give me a call. Would like you to stop by if possible. And Ric, same for you if you head down.

Ric, are you still going to get a paycheck if you come to Fla? Don't be taking any stinkin time off, as Hank, Kathy, and I will still expect to see your "donation" to our retired lifestyle.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:37 AM

My take is since Nancy disappeared. Everyone got quiet. She seemed to be the catalyst for the discussions.

It is 11 degrees here. I got to clear the driveway so I can play musical cars this morning. Get a new malibu in the shop for a brake job. Got to make some money. Even if it isn't news worthy.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymaher View Post
My take is since Nancy disappeared. Everyone got quiet. She seemed to be the catalyst for the discussions.

It is 11 degrees here. I got to clear the driveway so I can play musical cars this morning. Get a new malibu in the shop for a brake job. Got to make some money. Even if it isn't news worthy.
Be thankful, it's 6 degrees here so it could be worse. I mentioned the stuff I've been doing but it's not really news worthy either. I've been jumping from one project to another. Today headed over to my son's house. Helping him rebuild a leaking tile shelf at the end of his bath tub. Just more work, nothing fun to report.

Tony, we were hoping you would be there. Would really like to stop in and see the place as well as you and Kathy. We'll be leaving here last week in January, our reservation is from Feb 1 to end of March. I'll give you a call, we can leave a day early and hang out with you and Kathy for a day. Just get rid of the rattlesnakes before we get there.

Ric, where is the boat show in Fl, Miami? We'll be a little south of Miami, maybe we can get together.

My Chevelle