ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 11-02-2018, 04:02 AM

Holy shit! That was a lot of work! It does look good though. Perhaps you should start a second career as a home remodeler!

Does Susan have a job lined up for here? Why is she leaving that democrat, liberal, illegal immigrant, over regulated shit hole of California for? I absolutely hated the people there when I lived there, and that was 40 years ago.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:09 AM

Looks really good. I’m almost ready to start laying the floor on my project.
Old 11-04-2018, 07:44 AM

It really wasn't that much work, just took a long time due to other jobs around here. I could have done it in a few days if I could have put in full days without interruptions. Instead it was a couple hours here and a couple there.

Susan's working on a contract basis at a hospital in Owosso through December and she's been contacted by Beaumont Hospital in Farmington Hills regarding a fulltime job there. If she doesn't get a fulltime job by January she can probably extend in Owosso. Assuming they haven't found a fulltime person. They already offered Susan the job but she's not interested in living in Owosso. I guess she's finally had enough of the traffic and crush of people in L.A. She also has group of friends here in Walled Lake area which is the area she wants to move to. Some of them have been friends for over 20 years and I think she misses them.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 11-04-2018, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgray396 View Post
Looks really good. I’m almost ready to start laying the floor on my project.
What type flooring you putting down Ray? We considered real wood, for a little bit, but this is the highest traffic room in the house. We enter the house through the patio doors or garage into this room and it's where we spend most of our time. I didn't want to have to refinish real wood a few years down the road. This flooring has a lifetime residential warranty, 100% waterproof and attached underlayment. That and mostly we liked the look of it.

My Chevelle
Old 11-04-2018, 02:27 PM

So I bought a couple of those outlets with USB charging ports in them. Wanted to put one in the half wall. It's actually part of basement wall under the main floor of the house with paneling over it. The outlets are big, as big or bigger than a dimmer switch. Wouldn't fit in the metal post construction box in the wall. Hey, no problem, I'll get a newer plastic one that's larger inside. New box wouldn't fit through the opening in the paneling. Hey, no problem, get out the multi-tool and cut the paneling.

Hey, problem, paneling is about an inch from the concrete block wall behind it. They had busted out part of the concrete block to install the old box but not enough to slide the new in. Not wide enough and not deep enough. Get out the 3lb sledge and concrete chisel and wail away.

Nothing can ever be simple. As they say, "It's always something."

My Chevelle
Old 11-09-2018, 07:12 AM

Well all her stuff is on it's way here. She'll work in Owosso at least through the end of the year. They pay for a furnished apartment and rental car. She sold hers to Carmax rather than have it shipped here. Guy she worked with at Carmax is from Ohio. Said he's moving back because he wants to start a family and no way he's doing that in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
...I absolutely hated the people there when I lived there, and that was 40 years ago.

My Chevelle