ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Chevellabration

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2012, 10:04 AM
Bowtie Member

Default Good times, good friends at CB12

One of moments that I will always remember from CB12 will be with flash and Ms flash.

When we got to CB12, John and Joan asked us, me and my son Jacob, to join them for dinner and a car cruise on Friday night. Jacob was all excited because this would be his first ride in a convertible car. Yeah, grumpy had had a 1972 Jeep Commando that we took the top off of, but this was a Chevelle Malibu convertible. So after CB was over on Friday night we took my car and parked it at flash's hotel, so that they would have a good parking spot when we got back. Then off we went.

Jacob, who is 13 1/2 and doesn't usually say much, was just a jabberbox about how cool it was riding in the car. After getting to the mall, where the cruise was supposed to be, we couldn't find the cars. So we headed back out to see where we maybe messed up on the directions, when flash saw a car he knew and we did our best to follow them back into the shopping mall center. Long story short, the directions were a little off and we found the cars. Which, by the way, we don't know how we missed because there had to be between 300 and 400 cars.

We then headed off to dinner and must have spent 2 hours in a sports bar just talking. It was so nice to sit down with these two amazing people, they have so much heart and are just so giving of their time. I am fortunate to call them my friends.

We walked back to the car show and spent the next few hours looking at some nice southern cars and trucks. When it was time to head back Joan pulled out the GPS and programed the hotel address in. Off we went, so we thought. The GPS took us through a beautiful neighborhood with homes that looked like they belonged on a plantation. We kept driving til flash realized that the GPS took us in a big circle. The GPS had a psychotic episode and it was not willing to let Joan do anything to her. So here we are, in the middle of nowhere and not sure how we got there. Believe it or not, we were all laughing because it was hilarious.

Now, during our ride so far, my son Jacob kept talking about how cool it would be to get on the expressway and do 70mph in this car. Is he nuts ? It took a little coaxing, but Joan fixed the GPS and we were really headed back to the hotel now. Well ask and you shall receive. As we are heading back, we get onto the expressway and my son Jacob got what he wanted, and I don't think that flash objected driving fast at all. We were probably on the e-way for between 6-8 miles and Jacob was grinning ear to ear the whole way.

Now, we had wanted to have someone to take a pic of us when we were at the car show, but it was dark by the time we left. So John and Joan we gratious enough to let us take the picture on Saturday.

So here we are, the 4 of us, John and Joan in the front seat & Jacob and I in the back. flash and Ms flash, thank you for such a wonderful memory.

P.S. sorry I can't remember the name of the monkey.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Last edited by Ms Grumpy; 06-11-2012 at 10:09 AM.