ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Electrical

Old 04-17-2016, 06:26 PM

Default Wrapping up the wiring

I'm almost to the end of my wiring. I have to finish a little bit on the dash and then I should be all set. Finished up a few miscellaneous issues over the weekend.

My wiring kit is set up for dial gauges and I still have the sweep speedometer and warning lights. It says just to match the lights up with the correct wires but doesn't say what to do with the grounds. There is one for each bulb. My thought is to just ground them to a bracket but thought I would double check with the American Autowire tech support first.

Also have a question on the gas gauge. There are 3 connections on the back of the gauge but only 1 wire in the kit. I'm assuming 1 wire is a ground but not sure on the 3rd.

Same question on the switch for the convertible top. Power, ground and ? Other than that just need to install battery cables. I didn't run the wires for the courtesy lights. Not sure what I want to do with them. I can always add them when I paint the car.
Old 09-26-2017, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulywood View Post
I'm almost to the end of my wiring. I have to finish a little bit on the dash and then I should be all set. Finished up a few miscellaneous issues over the weekend.

Same question on the switch for the convertible top. Power, ground and ? Other than that just need to install battery cables. I didn't run the wires for the courtesy lights. Not sure what I want to do with them. I can always add them when I paint the car.
on the power top switch
12volts in @center terminal
the top switch just passes power to the reversible top motor
on my 68 the motor was double wired to reverse pump to raise and then lower
hope you got this info last year and the car is already running around...