ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2010, 12:08 PM

Default Ms Grumpys Chevelle

Any updates since paint ?

John
Old 04-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by flash View Post
Any updates since paint ?
I think she changed her mind on the color.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:51 PM
Administrator Bowtie Member

It got a bit side tracked by another car or two. Work has continued but all the stainless trim was sent out to be restored and the power steering box is out for a rebuild. We hope to have some pictures soon.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:47 AM
Bowtie Member

I am dying over here. Two weeks ago we had a day that reached 80 degrees, and I saw MANY classics on the street.

Anyway, talked to my brother last night. He has another friend who has volunteered to help (I guess they want it "gone"/done so they can get the shop space back). We still have to decided what exactly we are gonna do with the dash. Before the restoration started I had a cluster of 3 gauges mounted under the middle of the dash. Well I don't want that anymore. We have looked into many different ways to get the gauges into the dash, and I think that we have found something I like. One of the options that my brother has offered is for Glenn to build a custom console that would incorporate the gauges into it. We also have to talk about what exactly we are going to do with the inside of the trunk. An option is to spray some textured paint. Still thinking on that one. Lots of little decisions, and lots of work still to be done.

I am always open to any ideas that you guys have. For the meantime, I am still waiting....and hoping...that I will have the car sometime in June.

For everyone who has their car on the road...cruise a lap, on your favorite strip, for me. And please let me know where that is.

Be safe cruisin' your classic.......
Nancy

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 04-21-2010, 12:35 PM

Custom console would be nice. Problem with gauges in the console, just like the ones hanging under the dash, is you don't see them. You have to take your eyes off the road and look down to see what's going on.

That's why I removed the gauges hanging from the bottom of my dash. Of course I have a SS round dash so it was easier to move the gauges up there.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 04-21-2010, 02:34 PM

I use to have a Hardwood hood with a ten inch scoop on my 1972 SS Nove and i mounted three gauges on the rear of the scoop; it came in handy since I couldn't see over the scoop anyways. Would I do it now no way but back in the '70's it was cool, and a chick magnet and the Police seemed to like the car too since I got pulled over almost daily.
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.

Last edited by rak1; 04-21-2010 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-21-2010, 02:39 PM

Oh, and the classic did you know what you did wrong speech. I use to say no, but I'm sure you will tell me....
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:45 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak1 View Post
Oh, and the classic did you know what you did wrong speech. I use to say no, but I'm sure you will tell me....
Huh???

Must be a guy thing,cause you lost me. Sorry

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 04-22-2010, 10:16 AM

It's what happens when I get pulled over by the police. They come up to your window and always ask if you know why they pulled you over; what they are trying to do is get you to incriminate yourself by saying something like "Yes, I know I was speeding, and I forgot to stop at the stop sign." I guess on the other post I should have written: Oh, and the classic "did you know what you did wrong speech". I use to tell the police: "No, but I'm sure you will tell me". It was a follow-up post.

Last edited by rak1; 04-22-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:49 AM

Ms Grumpy, my wife and I will be cruising this weekend in our 72 malibu vert or the 72 Camino depending on the weather to our club meeting in preparation of our show next weekend. Just pretend you are there with us cruising the backroads hopefully top down and sunny.

John