ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 04-17-2023, 01:42 AM

Default 1967 Chevelle -

What are your thoughts on the cost of buying this car for the sole purpose of parting it out and knowledge gain, NOT to fix up & drive? Those are my objectives: knowledge gain and part out.

I am looking to take the body off the frame, maybe even learn how to weld body panels, and how to rebuild an engine. The rust is really bad behind the rain channels on the drivers rear B-pillar as it has gone completely thru. The rust is really bad also in the typical place for rust in the lower parts of each fenders. I am unable to get inside the car to check the floor nor the trunk but given the condition of the fenders I am expecting those two areas to also be rusted. Because of the rust I do not believe this car is salvageable. There is no rear glass window but there is the front windshield and all side glass. There is an automatic transmission and a motor which appears to be a 350.

I am curious what kind of value there is for a car in such condition. In my mind it is just to be parted out, or even just crushed. I am amazed at the prices people are asking for rusty project 1962 & 1963 Impalas, some with rust just as bad as this Chevelle, and I am curious what a "good" price would be for this car with my objectives. Who knows? Maybe these rusted out type of cars are also being sold for a high price.

I have access to a DIY garage right outside the yard where the car is parked. I know it is difficult to tell from the pictures but what could the value possibly be of some of the parts that can be seen from these pictures? Again, based on some of the prices I have seen for the rusty 62 & 63 Impalas somebody (without knowledge??) is buying these rusty cars. Me? Again, just looking to part it out & tinker with it, and gain some knowledge. But, what is the price that would make it worth that knowledge?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image0.jpeg (169.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpeg image2.jpeg (206.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg image3.jpg (34.8 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpeg image4.jpeg (230.3 KB, 70 views)
File Type: jpeg image5.jpeg (206.1 KB, 65 views)
Old 04-17-2023, 01:51 AM

Default More Pics

More pics to share for my question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image7.jpg (77.3 KB, 69 views)
File Type: jpeg image6.jpeg (221.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpeg image8.jpeg (187.8 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpeg image9.jpeg (310.9 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpeg image10.jpeg (235.8 KB, 64 views)
Old 04-17-2023, 01:53 AM

Default final pics

This is the final pic to help answer my question. Thank you for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image12.jpeg (142.8 KB, 73 views)
Old 04-20-2023, 08:07 AM

I would think that is probably worth a grand. No more.

Tags
1967, part out, rust