ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 07-07-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpoor View Post
My dad would love that. He's built over fifty pre 49' "street rods."
I'm guessing that he's been doing it a LOT of years then. Did he work for himself or a shop?
Old 07-08-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
I'm guessing that he's been doing it a LOT of years then. Did he work for himself or a shop?
Since the early 70s, he worked for himself 95% of the time.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
It's a 70. I like the 66-67 too.
I have never had a 68'-72', but always been a fan. A 70' would be ideal for an LT1 and a 4 speed with a steep set of gears. That exact combination owns the pure stock drags small block ET and MPH record currently.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Hank, come get this POS before I have to fix something else. The storage fees that you will have to pay are getting pretty high.
I probably can't afford your storage fees. Not only that I bet the clock, if it has one, doesn't work. I'll trade you a 70 Chevelle SS 396. It comes with papers.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 07-08-2017, 08:11 PM

Can I get the back story on the clock gag. I am sure it is a loo loo as much as it is mentioned.
Old 07-08-2017, 09:25 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymaher View Post
Can I get the back story on the clock gag. I am sure it is a loo loo as much as it is mentioned.
Well my side of the story is that I bought Tony's 72 Camaro SS with 38K miles on it with a full bumper to bumper warranty about 5 years ago and when I noticed the clock did not work the warranty Tony offered me a old stopwatch with some Velcro to stick over the non working clock. I have video taped the clock for 24 hours to verify it does not work and Tony refuses to watch it. I just wish Johnny Cochran was alive to represent me as I already had his closing statement written. "If the clock does not tick, you must convict".

Well things were said, lawyers called, personal protection orders issued, and a possible drive-by.

Don't get me going about the radio, after 3,000 miles the radio does not work anymore (Either that or the only local AM station went out of business)

I'm sure Tony has a different version of the events.

Click image for larger version

Name:	edited camaro.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	4178
Old 07-09-2017, 04:54 AM

You bet your ass I have a different opinion! When the Camaro, a beautiful, un-restored, absolutely 100% original, (except paint) car left here, the clock worked like a charm. I'm pretty sure the clock that was in the car was traded, by Ric, to a very pretty lady that just happened to have a 72 Camaro that had a non-working clock. I seem to remember something about a "nice rack" that she supposedly had, and was a real looker. The story is told that Ric couldn't get the clock out of the dash fast enough for her. He offered it to her for a "look" at said nice rack. When he sobered up, he realized what he had done. That's when the lawyers got involved. The first "demand" letter from the firm that Ric hired, Dewey, Cheetum, and Howe, wanted me to give him a full refund, 10,000 for pain and suffering, and he was to keep the car. Being the stand-up used car salesman that I am, I did indeed offer him a very nice pocket watch, but he is exaggerating about the Velcro part. My offer as for a tube of Gorilla Glue.

There was no "drive-by" either. I clearly stopped my vehicle to take the shots. Perhaps my level of intoxication would account for the missed shots.

And as for the radio, knowing Ric as I do, I would be willing to that he hasn't even checked to see if all the tubes are lighting up. He has a sort of lazy streak going, with his new fancy-assed job and all.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:10 AM

Well Tony you wouldn't have any issues with me regarding the Nova. I know you've screwed up the ignition to the point that it may not be repairable but I'm willing to accept that. I also don't care about a clock, not sure what all the fuss is about. I carry a cell phone and can check it for the time if needed. I don't think Ric really cares about the clock, he's just looking for a big payday. I have a working relationship with attorney Jeffrey Fieger but would never bring him into this. I don't need the front of my house shot up. So let's work out a deal on the Nova. It's not that I want the Nova all that much, I'm just concerned about you and your health. The stress from trying to keep the Nova running plus your blood feud with Ric could give you another heart attack. If that happened I would feel terrible if I had just sat back and not taken that POS off your hands. Give me a call, I can come and tow it away anytime.

My Chevelle
Old 07-09-2017, 07:33 AM

Well alrighty then LOL. Now I know.

My car didn't even have hood or fenders on it when I got it so I wasn't expecting anything to work.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:49 PM

Mine came with hood and fenders but they weren't on it. No inner fenders or radiator core support. Engine out, bumpers and all trim removed. Seats in it but not mounted and dash apart.

I just started putting it back together replacing some stuff as I went.

Oh, and my Chevelle didn't even have a clock, working or not.

My Chevelle