ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic > Cooking and Spirits

Old 02-04-2010, 08:01 PM

Default What are you making for the superbowl??

I am doing a boston butt for pulled pork sandwiches with scratch bourbon-apple barbecue sauce, REAL buffalo wings, loaded nachos, & meatballs/crusty sub rolls. I have friends bringing some other stuff.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

If the Steelers aren't playing,there is no superbowl. i'll probably just drink beer in a corner by myself.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:54 PM

Pulled pork here too, buffalo wings, veggie platter, home made salsa & guacomole, nice authentic tortilla chips, some hot sopressatta, pepperoni,cheese+ crackers.....and beer!!!!.... almost forgot the black bean soup and the coleslaw for the pork!!!!!

Last edited by Seeb; 02-06-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:26 PM

The New Orleans Saints Superbowl Drinking Game. Written by a Colts fan. Hope you all enjoy the humor and the game regardless of "your" choice of team.

1. Every time they mention hurricane Katrina, drink for 1 second.

2. If they show pictures of the City of New Orleans right after Katrina, drink for 1 second.

3. Every time they say how much the Saints mean to the City of New Orleans , drink for 1 second.

4. Every time the words “tragedy”, “flood”, or “devastation” are used, drink for 1 second.

5. Every time they talk about how good Reggie Bush was in college, drink for 3 seconds.

6. If they show Kim Kardashian in the stands, drink 5.

7. Every time they show a picture of Reggie Bush with a bat or say “bringing the wood” drink for 5 seconds.

8. Every time Reggie Bush gets negative yardage trying to run around in the backfield a bunch and outrun the defense, drink 1 and turn to the person next to you and say “I told you Vince Young should have won the Heisman”

9. Every time Reggie Bush gets up and flexes his arms in that pose he likes to do, drink for 1 second.

10. If they mention Tim Tebow for any reason, funnel a beer

11. Every time they say that “it’s destiny for the Saints to win” drink for 1 second.

12. If they show footage of Katrina survivors at the Superdome, take a shot of cheap liquor

13. If they call Saints fans the most passionate fans in football, drink for 1 second.

14. If they say that the Saints, Saints fans, or the City of New Orleans “deserve” a Superbowl victory, drink for 1 second.

15. Every time they say how good of a story the Saints are, drink for 1 second.

16. If Jeremy Shockey pretends to be hurt after dropping a pass, drink for 2 seconds.

17. If they mention the Saints beating the Falcons in 2006 in the first game after Katrina in the Superdome, drink for 5 seconds and remember that the Colts are still a better football team with better fans.

18. Every time they compare hurricane Katrina to the Haiti earthquake, funnel a beer and yell “bull****!”

19. Every time they mention Drew Brees as the Mardi Gras king, drink for 1 second.

20. Every time they show Archie Manning and mention how bad he s****d, drink 1. If they show old footage of him on the Saints, drink for 2 seconds. If they mention how tough of a decision it was for him as for whom to cheer for, drink for 3 seconds.

21. Every time they show a saints fan yelling “Who dat!” Or a sign/shirt saying the same, drink for 1 second.

22. If they show Chris Paul at the game, drink for 1 second and mention to someone how much better he is than Devon Williams.

23. If they show former Mayor Ray Nagin, drink for 5 seconds and then punch someone in the groin.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:43 AM

My yearly tradition is that while every other schmuck is watching the superbowl, I go out to the garage and take parts off my Chevelle. It's a good time to do it... late enough in the winter that we're beyond the -20* crap, and early enough to make my improvements and have it back together for spring.

I'll have a few beers and pull the rear axle out tonight.
Old 02-07-2010, 11:00 AM

Slight change of plans...

Botson Butt for sandwiches...w/ barbecue sauce
Loaded nachos
Stuffed pizza pasties (no wings at store!!)
Meatballs w/ tomato sauce (kids want spaghetti & meatballs)
Fresh fried potato chips

Boston butt was injected, seasoned, and set at 250° at 9:30 this morning.