ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Paint and Body

Old 03-31-2014, 05:43 PM

My passenger door hinge is missing the spring and arm. Since I am approaching this portion of the program. I was looking. Score I found a upper drivers and lower passenger hinges. Odd combination but for 8 bucks works for me.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:26 AM

I just ordered a lock set and new ignition. I am gathering parts for after paint so i got something to do. I going to concentrate on getting the air box in and dash done first. Keyset was just to make me feel better so i got a set of keys to this silly thing. All I got now is a ignition. And trunk. Door keys got lost on the shuffle over the years. And they were a mismatched set.
Just having a set hanging on the keyboard will be a perk.

I calling about this gauge set for it today when they open. I got the roll tach cluster but that car had idiot lights for the right side. Oh no that will never do.
I need to ask if it is a complete gauge set not just the clock and face. If so I got to go deposit and order the silly thing. If not search on for what I need. Then last for that adventure order a new dash bezel. And that part is complete. I got 4 of them but they are shall we say lacking in quality.

Old 04-01-2014, 03:28 PM

I just got off the horn with the gauge people. I got my invoice number tomorrow I pay.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:16 PM

Gauge set is paid for I sent the check. The lock set came. I been playing with the glove box lock deciphering how it worked. I had the ignition down but the glove lock took some thinking. I got it figured out tho. Ignition switch is the right one and all good. Part I most excited about is the coming gauges.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:28 PM

Went to the locksmith today. Ordered a set of keys from GM. Now I will have a extra set of original keys. Door hinge came today. I am patiently waiting the rain to stop so I can finish cleaning the car. I am getting antsy. I have told my customers that unless it is a emergency shop is closed untill this gets done.
Then I de funked the poor truck from winter. Detailed it so it don't look like a pit inside.

I am ready lets get this show on the road already.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:40 PM

I been spending the day masking off the car for primer. I was under the hood sealing the gaps from underneath at first.
I am going to prime the dash then seal the window areas before I do the body.
I should be done masking tomorrow. The clean it one last time. Then I waiting on proper temp and no rain.

Old 04-07-2014, 09:06 PM

My keyring came today. I just bought 3 pear shaped blanks. They be here next week. So I will have 2 complete sets of actual original keys now.

My son has hundreds of hot wheels and Daddy only has 9. But on display with my new keyring is my 2 chevelles. You know how hard it is to find 68 anything. All other years models and hot wheels they got.

Chevelle is ready for primer now. I put away the heavy paper and bondo forever. Cleaned the bench and blocks. Got out the things I will need for this stage of the process. Feels weird after all this time putting up that stuff.

It was raining cats and dogs today. So I was battling the creek in the yard that was trying to change its course to the rear door. Getting debris out of the channel so it stopped flooding toward the house. It is a empty channel unless it is raining. 6 inches across and 3 inches deep when it rains. Just enough to be a problem when it rains hard.

Anyhow I looking to be in primer by the beginning of next week. The stars, the moon, the weather, my work and family responsibilities must all align so I have time to get it done. Because unlike other things I can't just stop. And pick up when I get back. Once the paint is mixed it can' stop till the guns are clean.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:57 AM

Got the dash and inside the trunk first coat so I got something to work on once the car is done. Let it harden a minute. Masked the windows. Hoping thurs for the car. Making progress slow but sure. I know one thing that steering column coming out before I do anything else. It is a auto and I need to put the standard column in anyway. I can keep busy tomorrow prepping the manual column for primer while i am restin and waiting for a opportunity to get the car done.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:33 PM

Looking good ,you got the rain right after it finished with us .

John
Old 04-08-2014, 02:12 PM

Yea I did my duties and got a car coming @ 5 for brakes. And it supposed to rain tomorrow. I just don't have enough time to continue today. It is killin me to.