ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 07-04-2016, 07:32 PM

Got it back with the top on. It looks great and I'm very happy with the quality of the work. Need to get all the windows lined up and then I can install the door panels. I have put a few miles on it so far, it's fun to drive.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:23 AM

Drove the Chevelle to a party my wife's co-worker had last Saturday then cruised around for about an hour. It was fun to put some miles on it and we had a lot of waves, thumbs-up and "nice car" from other people. I have both front windows lined up and the door panels on. Got the felts installed for the quarter windows and the driver's side lined up pretty well. Ran into an issue with the passenger window. It didn't even come close to fitting. After looking at the pictures in the manual I'm pretty sure it's for a hardtop. There was another quarter window in the trunk when I bought it so my son and I hopped in and went to the storage unit. That one's for a hardtop also and the driver's side. I had to order a new window and I'm waiting for it to be delivered yet.

Need to get that window in then I can finally install the rear arm rests and door panels. The interior looks really good (IMO) so I can't wait to see it done.

Still have a few issues to work on. Speedometer doesn't work. I'm assuming the cable came off behind the dash but I need to get underneath to take a look. Can't find a belt to fit for the power steering. I think the combination of water pump and power steering pump bracket is wrong. I'll take a picture and hopefully you guys can help me out. I did get the new steering box installed and that works great. Big improvement!

The worst issue is the lip seal for the crankshaft/harmonic balancer. I changed it when I changed the timing chain cover gasket and it leaked. So I pulled it out and put another one in. It still leaks. The first time I put the sleeve that comes with the kit on the harmonic balancer. The second time I took it off.