ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Chevelle Forums News

Old 01-02-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66BuickSpecial View Post
I don't know if it's been brought up officially or not...

Would it be possible to have a regional area?
NW - SW - NE - SE ?

I think every member from the NW section on TC will tell you its been hugely beneficial to them.

We've grown into an extended family that helps each other work on our cars, help run down parts for each other, help each other with specialty tools, we get together with our family's for an annual Dyno & Burnoff Competition, BBQ's 3-4 times a year, at least 2/3's of us hit the track several times a year together, we provide lodging occasionally for members that come from out of the area to race.

In the last couple of years we've grown to a group that's easily 30 members deep or more, probably closer to 40.

We've said many times that if each region could develop the network of friendship that this has allowed the NW guys to develop, the Chevelle World would be a better place.
Greg said it very well. I was drawn in to another forum because of the ability of local contacts at events. It might seem as a clique to others. But thats is just not true. I have met people through this type of local forum that I would not have had the chance to in a national environment.
Now since this Forum is just getting started I can understand some hesitation about dividing any of it up. The truth be known though it would be the same as dividing out N/A cars from Forced induction cars in the performance section. Then having fears that that the two would not share information and ideas.
So as the Forum grows please think real hard about allow regional sub section under local events. Because does someone in North Carolina really want to know who is bringing the paper plates to a Washington state BBQ.
Old 01-02-2010, 11:51 AM

I like the regional forum idea. It would be a clique if you couldn't get in unless you lived there but anyone can come read and post if they want to.
I post and read in the general forum often as that is were most of the good info is. The regional sections are for building relationships with fellow car freaks in your area.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:57 PM

Quote:

NW - SW - NE - SE ?

I think every member from the NW section on TC will tell you its been hugely beneficial to them.

We've grown into an extended family that helps each other work on our cars, help run down parts for each other, help each other with specialty tools, we get together with our family's for an annual Dyno & Burnoff Competition, BBQ's 3-4 times a year, at least 2/3's of us hit the track several times a year together, we provide lodging occasionally for members that come from out of the area to race.
In the last couple of years we've grown to a group that's easily 30 members deep or more, probably closer to 40.

We've said many times that if each region could develope the network of friendship that this has allowed the NW guys to develope, the Chevelle World would be a better place.
Thank you for that. I have been a recipient of the finest hospitality in the NorthWest on several occaisions.

I totally agree with Greg on this. I do understand the fear of segregation and creating an in-forum clique. However, much of the banter within the Northwest section on the other Chevelle website would irritate folks if it were posted in a general area. As mentioned, it is often a local message board where people share tools, skills, parts, and the odd frosty after a fun day at the track. Members from all around the world participate in it, as it is often full of friendly jabs and razzing.

I, as well as the others that congregate there, do post often in many of the other forums as well. But we respect the boundaries of specific technical forums and post relevant and hopefully useful information there. We don't clutter them up with unrelated local banter.

Thank you for the new site. This is a nice compliment to the other Chevelle site I frequent. Please keep up the good work.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:20 PM

Quote:

NW - SW - NE - SE ?

We've said many times that if each region could develope the network of friendship that this has allowed the NW guys to develope, the Chevelle World would be a better place.
That would be nice! A few of the other sites I go to (mostly Camaro sites) brake it down even more so they can post local show/get togethers.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Regional sections would be awesome!! I think everyone's fears of cliques will evaporate once people from the same geographic locations get together and meet each other. When I need an answer on suspensions or performance related items, I will still go to that section.

Cliques? Who do you think we are, vette owners?
Old 01-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Administrator Bowtie Member

Gary,

You can check the calender here for B-days. http://www.chevelleforum.net/calendar.php
Old 01-05-2010, 09:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
Gary,

You can check the calender here for B-days. http://www.chevelleforum.net/calendar.php
Cool,everyone's there but mine. Now that's funny.