ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Engine & Trans

Old 06-12-2010, 08:29 PM

measured the distance ,, i too have 14 1/4 inches from center tie rod bolt to center tie rod bolt. Upon futher inspection ,,, looks like some frame work has been done (front frame section maybe from a different year/car ??? It must be related to that,, everything else seems ok.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:32 PM

Short of stopping by I cant think of anything else that will help.The only other thing that looks weird to me is the loction of your sway bar.Look at the pic of stalkingbears bar.Itsforward of the pully and your looks like its under the balencer behind the pully.Could just be the pic but thats what it looks like.Like your engin is too far forward.My bar isnt mounted but if I set it in place will be same as stalkingbears.

found this.
http://delaware.craigslist.org/pts/1789657173.html
another one
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pts/1774102250.html

Last edited by zombie1969; 06-14-2010 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:03 PM

I just wanted to share this with you,, its from year one ...
Hello
We apologize for the delay.

Unfortunately the frame brackets we offer for small block engines are not currently in stock so I am unable to measure them. You might see if someone at a Chevelle fan site can provide measurements, or contact another Chevelle parts supplier to see they have stock on the frame brackets.

If you are able to determine the frame brackets are correct, consider if the center link, idler arm or Pitman arm might be bent or incorrect. See if the frame may have been repaired where the idler arm mounts or where the steering gear mounts. Check to see if the stops are missing or damaged, allowing the wheels to turn further left and right than designed.

If everything checks ok you might consider just providing the required clearance instead of continuing to try chase the cause.

Regards,

Marty

Year One, Inc
Old 06-23-2010, 09:04 PM

shimming the motor mount it is then !!!