ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Paint and Body

Old 07-22-2014, 09:51 AM

oh it's a serious addiction no doubt. There are worse things you/me/we could be doing.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:04 AM

I got a few spots needing re primed. Patches before the main full prime. I pretty sure I got the hood worked out now. We see once there is wet primer on there. The weather I talked about has arrived. It was 100 degrees with 100% humidity yesterday. It is like a sauna outside. Nothing happening in that, not even primering. I got one fender, a door and a quarter left to block in the mean time. I already blended that side I got to just sand the centers. I drinkin my coffee getting ready to head down and work a while before I got to do my actual work.
Old 07-24-2014, 08:27 AM

I spent 8 hours yesterday. We getting to the nitty gritty. I got to critique today mainly. Hit the edges of things I missed blocking. Front details of fenders etc. Then start cleaning and masking for final prime. "I Hope". This going to take forever this time because I got to be very careful and mask every nook and cranny.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:29 AM

I spent hours running my hands over her. I glazed and blocked 2 places. Back is sore so I resting from planting trees and sanding in the most unnatural positions known to man for hours yesterday. It is never done but i believe it is as good as I can get it. Trying to turn that lump of coal into a diamond.
It is time to clean a long time then mask for the final prime. Cross my fingers and hope on the final sand it don't go through anywhere. It almost showtime.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:37 PM

I cant wait to see it in color .

John
Old 07-27-2014, 08:48 AM

I am done now. It is taped sanded degreased cleaned and sitting waiting for me to have time and the weather to co-incide for primer.I got the heavy plastic to build the paint booth for the final paint now. Passenger door giving me fits sealing at the front rounded part. Foam keeps moving overnite. And I don't want primer inside the new jam. Rest of the car is fine that one spot is just possessed. It is raining today and I got a brake job on the way so that worked out anyway.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:37 AM

It T-Stormed all nite. It supposed to all day today to. I went to pick up the wife this morning. Cool clear not a cloud in the sky. No humidity no dust no wind. OMG I was on it this morning when I got home. I so happy now. Primer turned out well and not a bit got in the jambs. Score.
Now the clouds are rolling in and it going to do what it is supposed to. But for 3 hours the man upstairs gave me a window to do this. And I thank him.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 05:37 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:01 AM

Looks awesome man. You've definitely put some time and hard work into it already.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:04 PM

Sanding the primer today. Be doing this a while to looks like. Going through edges. Messing with the hood still. But it getting closer.Normal high build circus stuff. Car is dry in the pics beleive it or not. Going through a awful lot on the roof for a car that is getting a vinyl top.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-29-2014, 07:54 PM

That is going to be a very nice ride when youre done .

John