ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-11-2017, 09:16 PM

Default hello to all, i am new on here.

hello. just joined
I am Kevin. live in the Kansas city area.
I currently own 3 older Pontiacs, a 77 grand prix that my parents bought new, its brown, and had it repainted, a 79 Trans Am 10th anniversary edition, had painted , new decals this year, and a 98 Firebird I bought new. I used to own a 68 chevelle in college, but like a fool, sold it in 1979 since it didn't have air cond. and the 327 was on its last leg. I bought my brothers 73 Malibu 350 that had air, it was a 2 door green colonnade. it was slower than a 7 year itch. I also have a 13 Camaro convertible.
anyway, been researching chevelles, particularly 69 models, and finding them to be really expensive if running and not totally junk just for non ss models. I am surprised at what some folks want for these cars. trying to stay within the 10K to 11K range for a 350 Malibu or SS clone. I did find some cheaper decent cars but they had either green or red interiors, which kind of limits a person on outside paint color. a couple I have seen for around the 13K to 15K range.
shoot , I bought my 79 T/A last year, didn't pay but 11K for a decent running car with decent interior too. just needed paint/and decals and tires .

anyway, hello to you all out there. I enjoyed reading about these cars and if I find one someday, that's great, if I don't, well that's ok too as I don't really need another car. but a couple of car shows this summer, it seems the Camaros and chevelles always pull in the awards.

I may join a local chevelle club. I was wondering if there was a national chevelle organization that exists like POCI for Pontiacs. I belong to the Pontiac national club in addition to a local club too.

this seems like a great forum. I belong to Trans Am country online and those guys know their TA like I have never seen. I also belong to a Camaro 5th generation forum too.

so, I joined this forum for learning and listening to all the experts on here too.

anyway, long winded here, but hello and I look forward to reading and learning here!
thanks
K