ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Suspension & Chassis
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 11-21-2010, 04:57 PM

Default Coil Overs

I have a 67 Chevelle (300) that has 402ci in it and i am going to convert the front brakes to disc and thought while i had it torn down i would put some coil overs in,but i am unsure of what is meant by double adjustable and what spring weigt should i get. Is there any body out there that has done a conversion that can give me some advice and a good place to uy them i am on a tight budget.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:45 PM

Double adjustable means you can tune compression and rebound seperately from each other. Single adjustable means the adjustments are always equal for both.

An example would be for street, you'd probably set both at 6 clicks... for drag racing, you'd go full hard on the compression, and full soft on the rebound. With a single-adjustable, you don't have that ability.
Old 11-21-2010, 06:57 PM

Default coil over

Thanks for the info. I don't plan to do any drag racing strickly crusing the 67 so then single would be better. I can't remember if the price is different i have looked at so many.
Always looking for the best product with the best price i know QA1 is the one that keeps popping up so i will be going with them now is the best price.
Thanks again