ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 11-05-2018, 08:53 AM

Default College Football

Has to be a few fans of college football out there. I watched the Michigan, Penn State game Saturday. I think Harbaugh finally has all the pieces in place to make a run for the national championship. Don Brown has to be the best defensive coordinator in the country. Michigan's defense has been ranked the best in college football for several years now. This year they got the final piece of the puzzle in QB Shea Patterson. He knows how to read the defense, can react under pressure and is a very good passer. Michigan has moved up to #4 in the polls after beating Penn State 42-7. Can't wait for the Ohio State game.

And then there's the Detroit Lions. My cousins daughter posted on facebook that she was all geared up to watch the Lion's game yesterday. As a Lions fan she said watching their games is like watching the movie Titanic and rooting for the ship. They had Heisman trophy winner running back Billy Sims. They had Barry Sanders, he led the league in rushing yards 4 times. They had Megatron, Calvin Johnson. For 8 seasons no one in the league had more receiving yards, receiving touchdowns and 100 yard games. They have QB Stafford, rated one of the top quarterbacks in the league and the poor guy get's the crap beat out of him every game. Vikings had 7 sacks on the season going into yesterdays game. They sacked Stafford 10 times yesterday. All these great players and they're still perianal losers.

Okay, sorry for that little rant. It's just that I've been waiting 50 years for the Lions to put a team on the field that you could be proud of. Guess that's why I prefer college football, Go Blue!

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 11-05-2018, 01:29 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

SEC here...Go Dawgs !!!!
Screw the NFL.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
SEC here...Go Dawgs !!!!
Screw the NFL.
Ha! I hear you. College football is more exiting, more passion in the game. Not sure why I even bothered recording the Lions game.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle