ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Engine & Trans
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 11-06-2020, 07:13 PM

Alrighty then. I am a thinking I be getting a shorter intake. It does seem a little snug.
Old 11-09-2020, 04:45 PM

I got the brakes done. I got the shocks on and done.

I took my intake to the engine guru. I was going to get another one. He used to own a 69 chevelle and it got stolen. He knows 2 guys with 68's He said hold on. Let him do some checking he thinks it may work. He likes that intake.

Todays adventure was installing a anti-rollover valve in the car. Keep gas from sloshing out if you brake hard or flip er.

I spent 350 bucks on the fuel system that is my next adventure. 100 micron filter. Holley black pump. 1/2 inch fuel line. Few odds and ends things to do it. I got relays and fuses for the install.

He was trying to sell me the speed shop. Kinda flattered me. He says after talking to him I am as good as he is. He just got the tools.

I took my boy with me and he was floored all the machines with keyboards and computer screens. The dyno room. He was just floored.

Anyway I am keeping a steady pace now always doing something.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:11 PM

I think mine is next in line.

I just bought headman long headers. 2 inch primaries.

Msd 6al box vac advance billet distributor wires and blaster 2 coil.

Still pluggin along.
Old 01-03-2021, 10:05 AM

Went to the builders for my visit. Seems I am coming up in the rotation. He had a crank but it was the wrong one so he sent it back.

But that means he is starting on it.

Second in command there said get the clutch and flywheel ready so it can be balanced with the rotating assembly.
Old 01-25-2021, 03:58 PM

Just shot the wad. flywheel, dual friction centerforce clutch. lakewood scattersheild. adjustable pivot. clutch arm pilot bearing rubber boot dust sheild. 11 inch set up.

In other news I froze my granolies off and put a radiator in the tahoe this morning.
Old 02-02-2021, 01:51 PM

I am still dinking around here. I found out my last visit. This guy is basically building a pro stock engine for me. He said bring a head in and we having it flow tested then he gonna adjust the cam to suit the heads. It is a hobby and I am enjoying hanging out at the dyno shop meeting all the professionals in the area.

My van site there a bunch of richard breaths who always talked out the sides of their neck about the 6 I have in my van. Kinda like team azzhole for chevelles. Anyway I digress. I showed him my engine video of the van. Well he was impressed. He said alot of nice things.

So I am enjoying the car running or not more and more.
Old 03-31-2021, 05:45 PM

Okay finally something is going on. I stopped by today and the master was actually working on mine. my rotaing assembly including clutch and flywheel are balanced. Cam bearings were in and freeze plugs after hot tanking when I got there.

He painted the block and was putting the main caps on.

The masters chair where he does assembly. I spend many hours in there shooting the bull with him.

The brand spanking new crank.

And the dyno with the last motor on it. He gonna call me so I can get a dyno run recorded.

Looking like about a month or so it be done now.
Old 06-11-2021, 02:26 PM

Making progress. Master was working on it today. Cam in fooling with lifter bores.

Old 09-19-2021, 06:14 AM

Engine guy said engine is together he is waiting on the timing cover. My motor got 7 bolts and that is odd. Carb is on the way it is a quick fuel. He is using a vacuum pump for the crankcase. I ordered the gear venders overdrive. I am into the second of 5 week wait on that.

I ordered custom rims so the rear wheels fit. 15x8 5 inch backspace factory looking rallies. New centercaps from OPGI. Rings are custom from wheelvintiques where the rims came from. Rear tires came fronts should be here today tracking says. 275/60/15 rears and 235/70/15 fronts

I been wiring relays for all the new things and running the A/C lines.

So it is getting closer quicker now.

Old 10-15-2021, 11:21 AM

Everything is on a covid pace now. Overdrive showed up today. I called on the rims and beauty rings. They be dec they said.

Still kicking. I been doing relays and wiring lately. This old heap is getting real close.