ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Introductions
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2021, 03:58 PM

Default My Chevelle Intro

When I was in Junior High, I lived across the street from the school. The parking lot was shiny asphalt and was a great place for people to do burnouts and spin kitties. One day I saw a white car do the most amazing burnout of my life. After looking through Hot Rod and Car Craft magazines, I finally figured out what it was… a 1966 Chevelle SS!

When I was in high school I bought my first Chevelle; a 1967 Malibu. I had enough money to rebuild the engine and add some HP, but I didn’t have the money to get it on the road. While working on it, I bought a ‘71 Malibu. I called it “The Gold Nugget” because it was so rough and rusty… but it was fast amd fun too!

When I went to college I sold the ‘67 (my first of two cars I should have never sold… unless I could trade it for a ‘66). However, I was able to buy my current ‘70 Chevelle in 1991 from a little old lady in my small hometown for $900. I sold the Gold Nugget to pay for the ‘70. 30 years later, she’s still with me! Right after I was married in the mid-90’s, I acquired the second Chevelle I never should have sold; a ‘65 SS… the only SS I’ve ever owned. It was a basket case, but my friend needed the money and I wanted an SS. She was Marina Blue with matching interior. Under the hood was a 300hp 327 backed by a powerglide. What made this car special was that it was loaded with options like factory power windows and seats, as well as a dealer-installed cruise control unit. Well, we all make mistakes.

Over the years I often used my ‘70 as a daily driver. Early on I added the obligatory speed equipment like a cam, intake, carb, small chamber heads, ignition and shift kit. When the carb was fresh, I was consistently getting 18-20 mpg on the highway (270 gears in the rear end). The drivetrain is original from front to back and never been rebuilt. The interior is original as is most of the paint. If you want to see a few photos, check out the album in my profile.
Old 12-20-2021, 05:19 AM

Pictures please.

My first few cars were 66's I really liked them. My very first was a white one.
Old 12-27-2021, 12:19 AM

Default Photo

Here’s one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7DFC9F58-233D-4E9C-ACB1-F307A3690B35.jpeg
Views:	99
Size:	318.1 KB
ID:	4760  

Tags
1970, green mist, malibu, original