ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle Introductions

Old 02-24-2014, 09:24 PM

Default New Member

Hey Guys,
My name is Henry. My wife is the owner of a 1970 Chevelle (malibu conversion). It is going to be our next project after I'm done with my dodge stealth (about another 2k to go). It was a gift from her dad when she graduated from college.

I signed up to see how many members there are in the Portland, OR area. We currently live in an apartment in Tigard but are hopefully moving into a house soon. Was wondering if anybody would be interested in pitching in some used parts or assistance in getting her car more road worthy.

Currently has airbag suspension in the back that leaks. Also the windows apparently go up too far so they have to not be all the way up when the door gets closed or they will go over the roof line and potentially break.

There is a lot of things the car will need and I am hoping it will be a fun project for us.

If anybody has cheap shocks or any ideas/links that would be cool. I think the weatherstripping needs to be replaced as well. Or really just a good eye to give me an idea of what we need to consider for it. I wanted to get it up and somewhat running better by her bday towards the end of June. (she doesn't even know I joined the site)
Old 02-24-2014, 09:40 PM

Welcome from Ga ,Ray (Shadowgray396) is from Oregon very near you and a great guy and knows 70's quite well .He will be along to give you advice as soon as he see's this .We love pics so show us your toys ,the Chevelle and the Stealth .Even though the site is called chevelleforum.net ,ALL kinds of cars ans trucks are welcome here .

John
Old 02-24-2014, 09:57 PM

The wife's

And Mine

Heather's (The wife) DD is a 99 nissan altima so she at least has something to get around in.. Not as cool as either of the other cars though lol.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Henry, get ahold of shadowgray396 (Ray) here on these forums. He's the VP of the Chevelle Club of Oregon and also lives in the same town as you. He's a great guy and can probably help you out when you start on your wife's car......nice cars by the way.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:26 PM

I'll look into it..got some hw to do atm. i'll try and find him tomorrow if he doesnt chime in here sooner. Thank's for the welcome though guys :-)
Old 02-24-2014, 11:46 PM

Welcome to the site. I'm still involved with the Chevelle and Elcamino club of Oregon and currently the show chairman for the show in July. Been where you are at before and live in the Tigard area. Windows can be adjusted so the don't hit up on top. Most likely the stops are not adjusted correctly and sounds like you need a new set of shock in the back. Should be able to answer any questions you might have. Looks like a solid car.
Old 02-25-2014, 07:26 PM
Bowtie Member

Welcome Henry. Looks like your wife is a lucky lady. And it looks like you have a great starting point, even with the items you need to fix to get it road ready. I also agree that Ray is very knowledgeable and will be a great asset for you.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 02-26-2014, 02:54 AM

Thanks guys. I'm not sure if Heather is in the chevelle and el camino club or not. she did a couple car shows down in Bend when she lived out there. I just think it would be a nice bday pres to be like here it's somewhat better...or a jcwhitney gift card or something lol. I'd like to modernize a lot of it. Keep a lot of the old style but newer shocks/ brakes etc.. a nice ride that handles good
Old 02-26-2014, 08:33 PM
Bowtie Member

NPD might be a good gift card also.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 03-24-2014, 03:24 PM

Sorry it's been a while. Had a lot come up and focused on school. What is NPD?