ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 03-09-2017, 03:28 AM

No more escapes. Kathy has the cows eating from her hands, they follow her around when she is near the pasture. I'm putting a whoopin on the poison ivy. I'll never get it all, but the trail through the swamp, the river trail and river bank are getting hit hard. We have another 50 feet or so of the river bank cleared out now and the whole point at the trails end too. You can see the bend in the river both ways now. Kathy painted some lounge chairs camo, so we can leave them at the river.

I'll sit down next year. At the rate I'm getting old, I gotta keep working so I don't seize up.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:46 AM

Well, I'm back in Michigan. From the day that I started this project, I couldn't wait to spend a full winter down there in Florida. I will never spend another winter in Michigan again. I hope that I never see snow again. We spent 5 months down there. This winter went by faster than I can believe.

Back here in Michigan, I have a ton of work to get done. My 7 foot tall wooden fence has 4 posts snapped off at the ground, the whole property is covered in downed tree branches, and there are at least 10 ash trees blown down or up-rooted. Everything in the garage is still here, no break ins. The guy that used my tractor all winter to plow snow does not take care of machinery like I do. I have to go over it pretty good now.

The battery in the pick-up finally gave up. Now I did something to the anti-theft engine security thing on the new-fangled piece of shit. I kept trying to get it started, the lights keep flashing the horn kept honking, and something in the dash display kept flashing "service engine theft system"? Now it will do absolutely nothing when I put the key in it . From what I found on the internet, I have to somehow re-set the password. I was too tired to look into it yesterday. I had a total of 4 hours sleep in the last 48 hours. I was dragging ass!

The drive home was brutal. Spent hours sitting on the expressways. People are so stupid, they should not be allowed behind the steering wheel. I need to get me an airplane.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:40 AM

We're back in Michigan too. Got home yesterday afternoon. No trees down but lots of branches. A couple of neighbors lost some trees. I disconnected the battery on the car that stayed here and put it on a maintainer. Got what we needed out of the motorhome yesterday and that was it. Four days of driving it, towing a car, I was exhausted. The stupid people Tony mentioned don't make it easy.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle