ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 12-30-2009, 10:04 AM

Default So what other hobbies do you guys enjoy?

Just trying to get to know you guys better, and I thought some of us may have some other common interests beyond the chevelles.

For me, the chevelle is my main hobby, but I am also a very avid bicyclist and (although you may not think that if you saw me now after being off from working out after a head on car collision in may). I also am very big into custom wood working and cabinet making and have turned out some amazing pieces out of my crappy little shop. Unfortunately I dont have enough room for all, so my chevelle has too share the shop with the woodworking, so it either sits covered or gets backed out on days when the dust is really flying. I also am an avid shooter, I own lots and lots of diffrent types of firearms from small handguns to assault rifles. I enjoy taking my 8 year old daughter shooting, she recently got her first rifle. I also hunt and fish whenever i can.

When I am done doing all of that I also own my own electrical contracting company

I keep a busy plate for sure

So what else occupies your time?

jeff
2006 Cadillac CTS-V LS2 and a 6 speed
Old 12-30-2009, 10:14 AM

Drag racing is big here. I like fishing, but that happens once a year or less.
As far as occupying time, lately it's snow removal and trying to stay off the couch, so I can get the car projects closer to being complete! (It's not working to well)
Old 12-30-2009, 10:39 AM

I like to fish and hunt,neither of wich i have much time for. The wife and i like to take the grandkids and ride the SeaDoos,(jet skis).Oh almost forgot, I love riding the velle around with the wife and grandkids,just enjoying the day!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:48 AM
Administrator Bowtie Member

My 6 kids and wife take most of my free time. What little I have left is for, in no particular order

Friends
Music
Home Audio
Chevy's and Jeeps
Guns

Hell there ain't much I don't like except my ex wife

Dave
Old 12-30-2009, 10:52 AM
Banned

When not detailing my black car while having a beer,I enjoy working on my yard while having a beer.

We also show dogs,which takes up a lot of time.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Administrator Bowtie Member

What kind of dogs. A friend of mine shows his Dalmatian.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:34 AM

I have too many addictions... err, hobbies.

The Chevelle is my primary money-pit, and I use it to autocross, drag race, cruise, show, drive it on family vacations, etc.

Now in the "off-season" to get my racing "fix" I'm in an indoor karting league. It's good training to try to learn consistency and concentration in autocross. The league is made up of guys from a local autocross club, so these guys are GOOD drivers, which really challenges me to improve. I've always dominated when I've gone with friends, but I'm roughly mid-pack with these guys.

I'm also into guns, but not really into hunting... I try to get out once a month to run a mag or two through each of my pistols and assault rifles, and blow through a few hundred rounds with the .22s Also shoot clays occasionally, but I suck at it.

I have a 2-yo son named Cale, and my wife is currently pregnant... she's due in April, and we're having another boy.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
What kind of dogs. A friend of mine shows his Dalmatian.
Shetland Sheepdogs aka Shelties.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:34 PM

I like to do a lot of woodworking and fishing with the grandkids. I'm collecting parts to build a streetrod and in the planning stages of building a wooden electric launch (that's a boat for you landlubbers).
Old 12-30-2009, 03:49 PM

Being with my wife (Mary), Schwinn Stingray fastbacks (I have three a '69, 70, and a 72 all are five speeds with Stik Shifts!), Leather working/carving, Honda Z50's (I have a 1969 and a 72 for the wife), cooking and bbq, collecting classic redline hot wheels and other toys of my youth, and were just getting into hand guns target practicing, etc.
Robert. A cool wife who understands is a wonderful thing! 67 Elky Global West suspension kit with coil over QA1's,435hp Edy Crate,700R4, Currie +9 3:75, Disc brakes front and rear, Dakota Digital gauge package, 12 circuit Painless wiring kit, Ididit tilt Colum, etc.

Last edited by rak1; 12-30-2009 at 04:03 PM.