ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Restoration by the numbers

Old 05-20-2020, 11:53 AM

Default Sport Mirrors

Hi guys new to the forum here.

With the pandemic going on I decided to add the passenger side sport Or bullet style mirrors to my 70 Buick GS. Yes, I said Buick but hear me out. There seems to be common issues with finding the correct mirrors for all of the A-bodied cars. I‘m specifically talking about the 70-72 A-bodies. I’ve been doing a lot of searching and it’s a common thing that owners are purchasing the wrong mirrors. I’m now obsessed and want to help A-body owners find the right mirrors for their 70-72’s as it’s a nice look and it seems like there are a lot of owners that want to add them. I may then expand to other years/models.

So there is a Buick site that has some decent information about the sport mirrors here. I’d like to expand on it and cover the Chevelle’s and GTO’s:
http://www.buickperformanceclub.com/SportMirrors.htm

I’m looking for casting numbers off the original pedestals, housings and gaskets for the 70-72 chevelles. Also, if some one has a Parts and accessories manual that shows the part numbers that would be helpful too.

Thanks,
Smitty