ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Maintenance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-06-2015, 09:16 PM

Default '71 Chevelle Radiator ?s

If I am in the wrong forum section please excuse, tried looking for a section on cooling.

While my Chevelle is in the body/paint jail I figured would be a good time to have the 4 row radiator (original to the car as far as I know) checked and cleaned at the only remaining radiator shop left in our area. Good thought with a bad ending, radiator tanks are good but the core itself is very thin and has had multiple repairs thru the years. Nothing since I acquired the car in '01. Shop said they could re-core to the tune of about $475 + or -. Have been looking at so many websites for a replacement copper/brass 4 row my head hurts. Seems everyone has aluminum and plastic replacements. Not hung up on a 1,000 point restore but really want the original styled copper/brass without the plastic tanks.

Any thoughts on the re-core or where to find an original styled brass/copper 4row at an affordable price? Seen Griffin, Dewitts, B-Cool and a few others but at $1,100 to $1,400 for a radiator I didn't give much more than that for the car. ($1,800 in '01)