ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Electrical
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 05-10-2012, 08:40 AM

Send a message via AIM to SS Shaun
Default help me figure out where these go

Ok so i spent the day yesterday putting some of my interior together just because i am getting tired of looking at it the way it is. I got my door panels on and cranks and all that. then i went to put my dash on and plug in as many plugs as i could. I have 5 connectors left. two i will not put up because i know what they are. One is the Radio one is the Lighter. but the three that i have left i am not sure where they go. Now if my wiring diagram is correct and my labels are correct then here is what i have.

these two plugs the ones i have in my hand

they are labeled Ignition. I have nothing on my steering column that has a plug on it. I have one really long plug that if my wiring is correct they are for the turn signals. My question is this the part i am missing from my column? also what size screw/bolts do i need since they are not there.

is it a wiring harness that needs to run to this or is that all i need? How does the car know when the key is being turned? is it from the other big long plug that i plugged in?

the other connection that i am missing is (if my wiring is correct) i have it labeled as reverse signal. which i think is this one here

no clue where that goes and am i missing a harness that goes from the trans to this? thanks for your help!

Last edited by SS Shaun; 05-10-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:09 AM

I need to check, but I believe the two you are holding go into the white connector you have pictured. The connector is on the bottom side in this picture.

Old 05-11-2012, 08:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to SS Shaun

yeah ground up just emailed me back about it thats the part i am missing. I ordered it so it should be here tuesday i hope. now i just need to figure out what size bolts i need there. i forgot to ask him in the email. now about that reverse signal wiring is what i need to figure out.