ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 03-08-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
Not sure if you know this, but some southern cars would have the vinyl molding on and the top was painted white and no vinyl. Hank has this on his gold 70 and it looks good and gets a lot of positive comments.
Yeah I thought of that too... but I'm not sure how would a painted white top look against the car's red paint...that plus the white stripes... I dunno...

Claude
Old 03-09-2016, 05:15 PM

If it was me, and it's not, I would go with white top and white stripes. As you said, there are so many red cars with black and black. Something different is nice, stands out from the crowd. I've contemplated putting a black vinyl top on my car. I know it would look good with the gold and black strips. But then I say, hey, this is how it came from the factory and it's different.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 03-10-2016, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
If it was me, and it's not, I would go with white top and white stripes. As you said, there are so many red cars with black and black. Something different is nice, stands out from the crowd. I've contemplated putting a black vinyl top on my car. I know it would look good with the gold and black strips. But then I say, hey, this is how it came from the factory and it's different.
Thanks Hank for your reply. Yeah a white top with white stripes is what I'm thinking of...but contrary to your car, mine didn't even come painted red from the factory (it was originally ''copper''...uugh!... so I'm not concerned at all about how it was when it rolled off the assembly line. It wasn't even an ''SS'' and had a weak 307 engine..).
...but back to the original subject, I think that a
red car with a white top and stripes would definitely look great even with a black interior. The only thing which bothers me a bit is that right now, it has gorgeous black stripes buried in clear...which will have to be sanded off to have the white stripes done...ouch!

Claude.

Last edited by toofastforyou; 03-10-2016 at 04:02 PM.