ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Chevelle Forums News

Old 01-01-2010, 02:43 PM

I don't know if it's been brought up officially or not...

Would it be possible to have a regional area?
NW - SW - NE - SE ?

I think every member from the NW section on TC will tell you its been hugely beneficial to them.

We've grown into an extended family that helps each other work on our cars, help run down parts for each other, help each other with specialty tools, we get together with our family's for an annual Dyno & Burnoff Competition, BBQ's 3-4 times a year, at least 2/3's of us hit the track several times a year together, we provide lodging occasionally for members that come from out of the area to race.

In the last couple of years we've grown to a group that's easily 30 members deep or more, probably closer to 40.

We've said many times that if each region could develope the network of friendship that this has allowed the NW guys to develope, the Chevelle World would be a better place.
Old 01-01-2010, 03:03 PM

Honestly, I hope we don't go that route. Sounds like there's barely 100 members total, so far, and we are just beginning to feel our way around on this site. Plus, to be honest, those regional areas always seemed like cliques to me and guys seemed to disappear in there and were rarely seen in the regular forums with the rest of us.
Old 01-01-2010, 06:40 PM

Arrow More Pictures in the Posts...

I just did a write up of the engine build I'm doing this winter. I like to illustrate my posts with photos, but I found I'm limited to only 4 photos per post.

If that could be increased, it would be nice.

Dan
Old 01-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Administrator Bowtie Member

It should be 5 pics per post. Let me check.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:16 PM

I had 5 in it, when I went to Preview, it told me I was outa line! 4 was the limit.
I cut a pic out and went ahead and posted it.
Not a huge deal, really. I can break the message up into more than one post easily enough.

Dan
Old 01-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Administrator Bowtie Member

Seems it was set to 4. I bumped it to 6. If you need to do more pics I would suggest loading them up to your reply to the original post.

Dave
Old 01-01-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1964elcamino View Post
Well I have an Elky also so rak1 wouldnt be alone.I understand maybe latter.I told that to both my kids.As long as sometime comes sometime. Gary
I have two elkys, but later is ok.
That's funny Gary about telling you kids that!
Old 01-02-2010, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66BuickSpecial View Post
I don't know if it's been brought up officially or not...

Would it be possible to have a regional area?
NW - SW - NE - SE ?

I think every member from the NW section on TC will tell you its been hugely beneficial to them.

We've grown into an extended family that helps each other work on our cars, help run down parts for each other, help each other with specialty tools, we get together with our family's for an annual Dyno & Burnoff Competition, BBQ's 3-4 times a year, at least 2/3's of us hit the track several times a year together, we provide lodging occasionally for members that come from out of the area to race.

In the last couple of years we've grown to a group that's easily 30 members deep or more, probably closer to 40.

We've said many times that if each region could develope the network of friendship that this has allowed the NW guys to develope, the Chevelle World would be a better place.
x2 Couldn't have said it any better
Old 01-02-2010, 09:05 AM

I can understand how the regional sections seem like a clique, I thought the same thing, but the NW guys welcomed me right in with open arms! It has been a blast meeting everyone and having an awesome chevelle community in our area. I encourage other areas to try the same! I've never met bigger and cooler gear heads in my life!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS_5 View Post
Honestly, I hope we don't go that route. Sounds like there's barely 100 members total, so far, and we are just beginning to feel our way around on this site. Plus, to be honest, those regional areas always seemed like cliques to me and guys seemed to disappear in there and were rarely seen in the regular forums with the rest of us.
I like the regional forums, ours in the past has worked out very well and most of us post in other forums too. I understand the above comments, but I see alot of guys that seem to disappear in the many forums, like performance for example. People will lurke and read many threads but may only post in one or a few forums anyway. I do agree that the site should probably grow more first before adding them though.