ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 07-22-2015, 09:30 PM

Default Why no mention of these two shows?

I'm new here and I see that there are a lot of Chevelle-related activities going on and it makes me wonder why is it that nowhere in this section I see no mention about the Mid-Atlantic Chevelle Show held in North East Maryland and also the "CanAm Chevelle Club" show in Grand Island, NY ?

Claude
Old 07-22-2015, 09:42 PM

The Maryland show has already passed us by ,went last year and had a great time although it turned a little soggy.I have heard of the CanAm show but never been and the Mid Atlantic is on my to do list one day.

John
Old 07-22-2015, 10:01 PM

I've been to the Maryland show last year with my girlfriend and we had a great time. It is there that I heard good reviews about the show in Grand Island NY but I couldn't go so I went this year and I was surprisingly ...disappointed!
First, the site is nice in the hotel parking lot, but it's located in a rural area "in the middle of nowhere". Second, the show is held on Friday and Saturday…but most people work on Fridays and have more important things to do than to go to a car show which makes a too small attendance. Very few exhibitors (maybe 30 cars?…) and very little to no spectators.…and third, other than one guy who I met the previous year at the Maryland show, I didn't know anyone and there were maybe two guys who spoke to me through the whole day… I got fed up so at the end of the afternoon, I loaded my car into the trailer and drove back home the same evening! I definitely will not return. I'm sorry but the only word I can think of to describe that show is: "B-O-R-I-N-G".

Claude.

Last edited by toofastforyou; 07-22-2015 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:03 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Wow...
I've attended the Can Am show almost every year since it's beginning...including this year.
Granted, attendance is down but it's the same story at every show.
And I've been to them all.
You didn't go to the Paddock cruise on Friday night??
Not sure exactly what you expected...but you missed a great opportunity to meet an awesome bunch of guys!! I guess it's all of what you make of it.
Hardly the "middle of nowhere"...you're 15 minutes from Niagara Falls and 15 minutes from downtown Buffalo...

Last edited by BillsCamino; 07-23-2015 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillsCamino View Post
You didn't go to the Paddock cruise on Friday night??
Bill, no I didn't go to the cruise because after having spent most part of the day sitting in a chair next to my car and not having anyone to talk to and no one seemingly interested in my car, I didn't feel like going anywhere but home. Also by looking at the other guys cars, had a feeling that most of them are more into correctly restored, matching numbers kind of cars, not customs like mine.

and

Quote:
Not sure exactly what you expected…
Simple…FUN, but no.

and

Quote:
Hardly the "middle of nowhere"...you're 15 minutes from Niagara Falls and 15 minutes from downtown Buffalo...
It might be close to Niagara Falls and Buffalo but the show itself (which was the main reason for me coming) was indeed held in a parking lot "in the middle of nowhere".
And last, I just want to make it clear that I'm not mad at anyone…it's just that I expected something more fun and also bigger.

Claude.
Old 07-23-2015, 05:20 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Quote:
Originally Posted by toofastforyou View Post
Also by looking at the other guys cars, had a feeling that most of them are more into correctly restored, matching numbers kind of cars, not customs like mine.
Couldn't be further from the truth!!

Hell, my HIGHLY modified '70 Malibu was CanAm President's Choice a few years ago and spent the weekend on display in the hotel lobby.
And it is customary while exiting the hotel parking lot at the beginning of the Island cruise on Saturday evening to do your best aggressive burnout!!
Usually attended and witnessed with the blessing of the County Sheriff.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:58 PM
Bowtie Member

Claude sometimes I have felt that way at cruises only to find out later that I was totally wrong. Sounds like you just had a bad experience.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 07-24-2015, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
Claude sometimes I have felt that way at cruises only to find out later that I was totally wrong. Sounds like you just had a bad experience.
Yeah, maybe you're right. I guess it would've been more fun if my girlfriend could've come with me…Oh well…

Claude