ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 07-19-2012, 04:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to JpMotorsports Send a message via Yahoo to JpMotorsports
Default 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise

We are less than a month away from the 2012 Woodward Dream Cruise. Who is going to be out and where? I know I will be there the whole week prior cruising. I missed the cut off for the Berkley Cruisefest Parade but am looking for a way to get in. I have been out to Woodward a few times this year and its been really busy thus far.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:33 PM
Bowtie Member

JP, the cutoff the Berkley Parade was the 13th of July. I just got my postcard today for the parade.
Now with all the info that I have they will NOT be checking the PO box for any payments. But it wouldn't hurt to try the e-mail address:

cruisefest@berkleymich.net

Maybe you can sweet talk your way into it, doesn't hurt to try.

Last night I talked to my friend at Andy's Pizza on the S/W corner of 12 and Woodward. I usually get a spot in front of there cause it is easy in and out. Now I was told that the new restaurant called Cripeli's is selling spots in front of there for $85. I had him reserve me 2 spots, I do this so I can have a spot for friends to pull into. Most of the time I get someone to take it, we will see what happens this year. I like to park here because my house is only a couple miles away and we have access to food and bathrooms, with kids that is a priority.
I know a lot of people refuse to pay for a parking spot, but I like being able to go out and cruise and still have a spot when I get back.

I know in years past that Chuck from the Michigan Chevelle Club has hung out just North of Normandy, and that some of the guys from the NOCC end up in Birmingham, or just north of there. Where is everyone else going to be ?

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 07-19-2012, 11:27 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

I'll be in Flint at "Back to Bricks" where it cost nothing to park and they treat the cruisers like kings and queens. I have 10 parking spots.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Bowtie Member

Ric, this was the first year that I considered going to back to the Bricks. Mostly because my car is more dependable than in years past. I guess the thing that scares me is not knowing alot about it.

For me, the days and weeks leading up to the WWDC are the best. And of course the Berkley Parade because so many of the people know me and the kids. Two of my kids have worked in Berkley, I have worked in Berkley, I shop in Berkley, and when you have 6 kids in the school system you tend to know a few people. lol

Old 07-23-2012, 01:52 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
Ric, this was the first year that I considered going to back to the Bricks. Mostly because my car is more dependable than in years past. I guess the thing that scares me is not knowing alot about it.

For me, the days and weeks leading up to the WWDC are the best. And of course the Berkley Parade because so many of the people know me and the kids. Two of my kids have worked in Berkley, I have worked in Berkley, I shop in Berkley, and when you have 6 kids in the school system you tend to know a few people. lol
Ms Grumpy, I used to love going to Woodward but it just got so crazy with all the minivans and family trucksters and the cost to do anything (it went from free parking, to $10, $20 to $50 for the same spot in three years) and not to mention that it it took me 1 1/2 hours to go 2 miles to get to it and then I was reluctant to leave my spot as did not if I could make it back because of traffic and if I did, was my spot still going to empty or was I going to have to argue for it (it did happen once).

I started going to Flint http://www.backtothebricks.org/index2.html about 5 years ago and it has grown every year, they have the cruise from Grand Blanc to Flint (about 10 miles) the week before and last year added what they are calling tune up parties in the communities that surround Flint starting two weeks before. On the big day, all cars are parked down town Flint where everyone can walk and see all the cars and enjoy all the bands and food.

Just a note, I talked to the guy that operates one of the vendor trucks and he switch 2 years ago as it was costing him 5K to park his big rig and set up and then he only had a limited customer base because of not to many people moved from their parking spots along the 13 mile cruise because of traffic, he pays only 500.00 in Flint and all the cruisers are there as well as the spectators.

Also, in case you did not know, if you took Woodward North past Pontiac it turns into Saginaw St which goes right through Grand Blanc and into Downtown Flint....so we are still doing Woodward, just the northern section..ha

Don't get me wrong, if I lived where you do I go to Woodward as well, but this just works out so much better for me. If you decide to come up to Flint for one of the pre-cruises let me know and I can tell you the places to go.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Bowtie Member

Ric, if I think about it, Flint is not that far from us. Maybe, what an hour drive. I have reserved 2 spots on Woodward for $85 a piece. It would be cheaper for me to drive up to Flint. I have Woodward all the weeks prior to the cruise. Plus we will be in the Berkley Parade (which I think is the best one of all the events during the cruise because it is a lot of fun, from staging in the cemetary and seeing all the cars, to the parade route with all the people who are having a great time). I am going to talk to grumpy and see what he thinks about going to Flint.

This year I have made it a point to go to a lot of places that I was never able to drive to before, and I am having a great time. Maybe this is the year for Back to the Bricks.