ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 11-03-2017, 03:05 PM

ok, had the car checked today by local mechanic. issues are as follows.
tranny leak, seal, maybe front engine seal, valve cover gaskets leak, rear air shocks don't hold air, front buckets need recovered, and no horn. all lights work, he put it on a lift, new front suspension, a arms, ball joints, new exhaust, ceramic headers/flowmasters, almost new BF tires, drives nice he says, shifts ok, minimal rust, car was repainted in 1984, but paint is good, frame has a few small surface rust, but car spent many yrs in Texas, before going to New York. trunk and pan was ok. has parchment interior and white vynal top. some small bubbling on hood over engine. he didn't check for matching numbers, but seller has original dist, carb, intake and exhaust manifolds. seller had added 600 Edelbrock, and intake, and HEI . car has original AM radio which works. Most A/C components not there. seller is at 12K for car and been real cooperative and patient all along and is suppsosldy turning down other calls. it will cost me $800 to get it shipped to me in Kansas city. what you all think?
Old 11-03-2017, 03:29 PM

It all boils down to are you happy with it and want it.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:51 PM

I spoke with the seller. he said there are a few other issues the car needs, all seem minor to me. the dash lites don't work, the outside lightes do work, and radio lite comes on. I suppose either a fuse or headlite switch?
car needs new front coils, which he has new ones to put on, just hasn't done it.
rear shocks are shot. this in addition to valve cover gaskets and tranny pan seal so far. I know its a old car, but it sounds solid. he came down a few hundred more dollars since I didn't know about the coils and dash lites.