ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Engine & Trans

Old 09-09-2012, 10:34 AM

Hi,i was on this forum some months back...You could say i had Trnsmission problems too..Decided to play around one day and have some fun with my 69. Took off easy in first and then gave it some gas...Hit second ,wheels came three feet off the ground and wham! Tranny broke into pieces.Disentigrated it. While installing a new one,i found the pilot bearing had never been installed on the old resto. Luckily had a friend who found me a good Muncie Rockcrusher and on the road again. Whew! how could someone forget to put the pilot bearing in ? Anyway,good to be back on the road .
Old 09-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgray396 View Post
Glad to hear you car made it. You don't want a Dr Phil event where they stole his 57 chevy convertable from the repair shop he had it at.
I am gonna keep my fingers crossed that mine is safe. Funny thing, a couple of nights ago I was going thru some papers to file and I found my insurance policy on my car . (I had just renewed it)

Keeping my fingers crossed.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 09-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Bowtie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musclenutz View Post
Hi,i was on this forum some months back...You could say i had Trnsmission problems too..Decided to play around one day and have some fun with my 69. Took off easy in first and then gave it some gas...Hit second ,wheels came three feet off the ground and wham! Tranny broke into pieces.Disentigrated it. While installing a new one,i found the pilot bearing had never been installed on the old resto. Luckily had a friend who found me a good Muncie Rockcrusher and on the road again. Whew! how could someone forget to put the pilot bearing in ? Anyway,good to be back on the road .
Sounds like that was a rough ride, fun maybe, but rough.

Glad you got your car back on the road, just sad that it was an unexpected expense because of a broken part.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org