ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 06-24-2013, 05:28 PM

Default 2014 Impala

Anyone seen one yet? We went with our son to look at new vehicles 2 weeks ago. He looked at different cars and ended up buying a 2013 Z71 pickup lots of rebates. Since he put's on about 100 miles a day to and from work we didn't think it was the best idea. He's paying for the truck and gas so what can we say.

Anyway, they had a few 2014 Impalas on the lot. I do have to give Ford kudos for the new Taurus. Never liked the look of the old ones but when they brought it back they did a nice job on the styling. I guess Chevy woke up and did a really nice job on the new Impala. The rear end could be a little better but overall a really sharp looking car.

We went back last week to do some looking. They had the Impala, a lot of 2013 Equinox's and dozens of 2013 Malibu's. We ended up with a Malibu, Lynda didn't like driving the Equinox. We had looked at Impalas in the past but it would be a tight fit in the garage. An extra fridge, deep freeze, 2 tool carts, misc. stuff and of course the Chevelle.

I wasn't really in the market for a new car. Too me, maybe I'm getting old, but it's just transportation and I have the Chevelle. Well Lynda liked the Malibu, don't remember what they call the color but it's close to a metallic candy apple red. I'm impressed, sharp looking car. We have an 07 Malibu, we still have it because it can be flat towed behind the motorhome. I like it, handles well and great performance with the V6. Our son had an 09 Malibu, it road better and was quieter than the 07. Well the 13 beats both of them by a long shot.

Quiet, smooth ride, all the bells and whistles. It's just a Malibu but Chevy did a nice job. I think they got their act together. So check out the new Impala, I can't believe how much better it looks than the old body style.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 06-24-2013, 07:07 PM
Bowtie Member

Here it is for you Hank. Not a bad looking car.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 06-24-2013, 07:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/.../photo_01.html

Here is a article in this month's Motor Trend....the bonus is that my son Craig and his boss did the photo shoot in Arizonia and California for the west coast launch for Chevrolet and Motor Trend used some of the shots. Craig is the one driving the RED one that you can make out that it's guy and there are diamond shape things on the wall behind him. Interesting fact is that he was only doing 10 MPH when the pic was taken but with some camera magic they make it look like its doing 50.

The following week they got to shoot Craig Jacksons (Barrett and Jackson) garage for Motor Trend article this fall. He said the shoot should have taken 2 hours but lasted almost 6 house because Craig Jackson loves talking about his cars. Also, he does a lot of his own work and is in the process restoring a 69 Camaro with his 14 year old son. I'll post some pic as soon as get them off my cell phone. Needless to say, he loves his job.

Here is the company he works for http://www.fpistudios.com/#/undefined/sheet metal Gallery/1/ you may reconize some of the vehicles they have shot. He is based in Arizona but and is the sales manager.

Last edited by RBeckman; 06-24-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:33 PM

That looks like the car we picked up, same color, I was really impressed with the new Impala. They've added sound deadening insulation over, the Malibu has that too, but the overall looks of the car really caught my eye. I know that's subjective and not everyone will like it but I sure did.

My Chevelle
Old 06-24-2013, 07:53 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
That looks like the car we picked up, same color, I was really impressed with the new Impala. They've added sound deadening insulation over, the Malibu has that too, but the overall looks of the car really caught my eye. I know that's subjective and not everyone will like it but I sure did.
I think it's called ruby red and its a $395 option and makes the car.

Last edited by RBeckman; 06-24-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 PM

The picture with your son does look like he's really moving. Looks like the camera was moving/panning with the car. Nice shot.

Crystal Red Tint according to Lynda, whatever, and yes it is a $395 option. We saw a couple Malibu's and Equinox's that color and they really caught our eyes. The picture Nancy posted doesn't do it justice, that looks dull/flat.

My Chevelle