ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 06-25-2016, 06:55 PM

We drove the 72 convertible to a cruise in today ,it was so hot not very many cars showed up.

John
Old 06-26-2016, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
I haven't looked at the repros in a few years. I know they use to be pretty generic, not really a reproduction of the original Chevelle horns. I have a couple extra passenger side horns, non-functioning. You pay shipping and you can have them.
I'll take you up on that offer. Just sent you a PM with my address. Let me know how much shipping is. Thanks!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:05 PM
Bowtie Member

It has been so hot here this weekend, 90-95 degrees with blistering sun and high humidity. I planned on doing a show or two but I ended up with a summer cold and felt miserable all weekend. Feeling better now just Hoping the upcoming week I will be able to make a few shows and maybe catch up with the Michigan Chevelle guys.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 07-02-2016, 01:58 PM

Taking the wife to work just now. I was following a nice 70 SS red with black top. Just seeing them out driving around brings memories. Back when they were just normal cars all over the place.
Old 07-02-2016, 03:11 PM

Must be a show somewhere near Ashville ,Nc as we have seen all kinds of cool cars heading that direction from Flat Rock .

John
Old 07-03-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank70SS View Post
I haven't looked at the repros in a few years. I know they use to be pretty generic, not really a reproduction of the original Chevelle horns. I have a couple extra passenger side horns, non-functioning. You pay shipping and you can have them.
I might have a couple also. You can have the originals rebuilt. I know I have seen a name on the other site.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:39 AM

Christine lives. Brought the car home and after about 15 minutes I heard a honk from the car, I thought. About 15 minutes later I heard another honk. And 5 minutes later the horns were blaring. That's a first.

Last edited by shadowgray396; 07-03-2016 at 06:08 PM.
Old 07-03-2016, 07:53 AM

She is mad because your thinking of selling her. Now if the radio starts playing oldies. Better watch out.
Old 07-04-2016, 11:00 AM

Don't know what bee got in my bonnet. But i caught up on work and doing chev work today. Anal retentive stuff. cleaning the floors and checking things nobody will ever see. Getting it ready to under coat. LOL it will be under carpet or undercoating underneath. Joke is anyone who knows anything would be suspicious they did not look that good new. Can't have waves or imperfections before undercoating and rocks nailing it under there. Oh no.

Anyway I am having a good time playing today. I need it undercoated. I got a bunch of stuff here already to do once that is done. Tank lines and such.

I ordered a bunch of Sandisk cruizers yesterday for it. The tiny ones hat do not sick out. I going to put different music on different ones and use them like tapes/DVD's. 50's On one High school stuff on anothere etc etc. I don't need 8GB of music on the same one. Makes it to hard to find what your in the mood for. In the mood for led Zepplin and ZZ Top pop that one in deal.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:05 PM

Since I had the starter issue and the weather has not been that great, mine has just sat in the garage. Got to many other projects to work on seems like so the Chevelle has been on the back burner.