ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Events, shows or back yard gatherings

Old 01-27-2012, 08:54 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

The nice thing is that I only live 12 miles from the proving grounds and drive by it everyday on the way to work and get to see all the GM cars that are camouflaged driving the roads. Like I said earlier, our friend Hank and Ray are probably less than 2 miles away.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:58 PM

Hey Ric,
I'll probably be making reservations in the next couple of days. I'm planning to take my Camaro as well! I'm just planning to drive from Detroit to Muskegon then back home. It's gonna be an awesome weekend! It would be great to see some of you at the Proving Grounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
Brian,

I just checked and they are starting in Milford at the proving grounds which is right next to Brighton, I'm thinking of doing a part of it as well, maybe three stops. I'd take the Camaro. I just have to find out when my daughters graduation is. For everyone else here is the link to the powertour.

http://www.mytrain.com/hrpt2012.html
Old 02-02-2012, 06:33 PM

Looks like a cool route, would love to go - but I doubt it is in the cards. I was a long hauler in 2010. We drove from FL to Iowa for the start, and went all the way to Mobile. I did the first day @ Cape Canaveral, FL last year. Had conflicts with work, and wasn't able to do any other stops. I wanted to at least make it to Indy.

It was hectic in 2010, partly due to the people I traveled with. If I had to do it all over again - I would travel alone, and skip the Power Tour routes. While scenic... the roads sucked, traffic was bad, and at times it was hard to find a gas station.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtie-Bri View Post
Hey Ric,
I'll probably be making reservations in the next couple of days. I'm planning to take my Camaro as well! I'm just planning to drive from Detroit to Muskegon then back home. It's gonna be an awesome weekend! It would be great to see some of you at the Proving Grounds.
Just talked to my daughter and he graduation is on Sun June 3, so I guess I won't be going, but will be there at the proving ground on Saturday with the Camaro.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:29 PM
Bowtie Member

I feel your pain Ric. Just found out my sister is getting married on June 2nd. I was really going to try to see if I could do the first leg of it. This stinks.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 02-21-2012, 02:29 PM

Well this just sucks! I missed this post but just talked to Brian. Thought we could go to the proving grounds on Saturday then drive to Muskegon on Sunday. Lynda was kind enough to remind me my great aunts 100th birthday is on that Saturday. She's always been a part of our lives while growing up and not too many people get to celebrate a 100th birthday. We, the family have already started making plans for a party, I'm not good at remembering dates.

Well maybe we can make the drive to Muskegon on Sunday, damn.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 02-21-2012, 06:19 PM
Bowtie Member

Why is it that there is always a conflict with some of the best car cruises/shows.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 02-21-2012, 08:08 PM

Cause there are so many great shows out there and we dont want to miss one.

John
Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBeckman View Post
Just talked to my daughter and he graduation is on Sun June 3, so I guess I won't be going, but will be there at the proving ground on Saturday with the Camaro.
Sorry you can't make the tour from Detroit to Muskegon Ric. I'll be looking for you on Saturday at the PG. I'll be staying at the Homewood Suites in Brighton
June 1-2.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:09 PM

Thought since this is the week of Hot Rod Power Tour I'd bump this up to the top. As mentioned in a previous post, I'll be staying at the Homewood Suites by Hilton in Brighton arriving sometime on Friday. Either my Wife Carol or my son Chris might go along for the ride. I see they are calling for a chance of rain. I hope that changes before the end of the week. Anyone else planning to be at the GM proving grounds on Saturday for the festivities?