ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 12-24-2010, 06:20 PM

Default Christmas Eve

Not much going on here. We just got back from dropping my daughter off at the airport. She came in last Friday morning, has to work tomorrow so had to go back today. She's a nurse at UCLA Medical Center, full time is only 2 12 hr shifts a week so she can arrange extended time off easily. She also picks up a few shifts at another hospital and an imaging center when she wants but doesn't have to work either.

Probably won't see her again until March, I guess we'll go out there when she runs the LA Marathon. This is 3 years now that she hasn't been here Christmas day. My wife, son and I will be here tomorrow morning but it's just not the same.

Hope you all have a nice day tomorrow and a great new year.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle

Last edited by Hank70SS; 12-24-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 07:49 PM

Hey Hank...I hope you and all the family have a nice Christmas. Come on up over the Holidays and we'll have a beer.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Bowtie Member

Merry Christmas Hank. Just think of all the other people who will have a Christmas with a loved one because of what your daughter does. You should be very proud.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 12-24-2010, 10:52 PM

Hope you have a Merry Christmas. I missing my daughters this year, one lives in Florida and the other is in California this weekend getting ready to go into the Coast Guard next month.

Ray

Last edited by shadowgray396; 12-25-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:58 AM

Christmas Eve was my Birthday =)

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-25-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
Christmas Eve was my Birthday =)

Merry Christmas everyone!
Happy Birthday and Merry Christmas to all of you.

Tony, I'll get a hold of Ray and see what we can work out. He has the week off. I don't, but then I don't do any work anyway.

Tomorrow we have to go help my son's friend Veronica move. She is the one I mentioned before that has breast cancer. Got a letter a week ago from the mortgage company that said she had to be out on the 24th. She got it extended until the 27th. She paid them $4700 in May for a loan modification and this is the next thing she hears from them. Long story but she just can't fight it now, going for chemo, then surgery, poor girl can't catch a break. I feel so bad for her, she didn't even tell us until Thursday that she had to move. She didn't ask but I have a pickup and so does my son so that's what we'll be doing tomorrow. That's okay, otherwise I'd just sit on my butt and drink beer. Not that there's anything wrong with that and I do it well.

Hope you all had a good Christmas

My Chevelle
Old 12-27-2010, 07:42 AM

Well we sure didn't know what we were getting into yesterday. Veronica only had a little over weeks notice to get out. Having had chemo on the 17th she was sick for days and didn't get much done. Lynda packed boxes all day while my son and I loaded the trucks and hauled stuff to a storage unit.

She lived there about 10 years and has collected a hell of a lot of stuff. We moved a fridge, stove, washer, dryer, etc., etc. Didn't get home until after 8 last night, boy was I beat. May run over there today to grab a few more things. She has a new grill and patio set, no room in the storage unit so I told her they could sit on our deck. It's 30' across and mostly empty, hate to see her have to just leave the stuff. I know it was killing her trying to decide what to take and what to leave.

My Chevelle