ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic

Old 03-11-2014, 04:57 AM

Default Looking for transport, Michigan to Florida

Looking for an open trailer going to Florida in the next week. Want the van down there by the 19th. Have called a couple of the brokers recommended ,no luck yet. Van is 86" tall, 20 feet long, weighs 7000 lbs. Prefer an owner/operator.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:02 PM

Got it covered. Told a friend of mine that I would give him a weeks vacation in Florida if he drove it down there for me. He's leaving Saturday morning. Also, I've had my first and last experience with "brokers".
Old 03-11-2014, 02:11 PM

Send a message via MSN to RBeckman

Thanks for offerning the job to me....I need a vacation but I'm so busy paying taxes so you and Hank can enjoy all what America offers.

I won't be taking a vacation till the end of April when I go out to Arizonia to meet my new Granddaughter Aria.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:21 PM

Ric, Ric, Ric, you've got to get out of bed a bit earlier in the morning to get the deals. See what time I posted that? You were still sawing logs for hours after I posted. I was burning up the phone lines by 6AM, looking for a driver.

On another note, I got my hotel info for Franknemuth today. 499.50 for two nights. I'm not staying there anymore. Been doing it for 25 years, but their prices are just ridiculous. I think I'll just come up Saturday and spend the day.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
On another note, I got my hotel info for Franknemuth today. 499.50 for two nights. I'm not staying there anymore. Been doing it for 25 years, but their prices are just ridiculous. I think I'll just come up Saturday and spend the day.
That's a little steep. One car show I'm going to in the end of June it's only $70 a night for a nice Hotel.
Old 03-11-2014, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
Ric, Ric, Ric, you've got to get out of bed a bit earlier in the morning to get the deals. See what time I posted that? You were still sawing logs for hours after I posted. I was burning up the phone lines by 6AM, looking for a driver.

I was already up and showered and leaving at that time to make a living and pay taxes so we can fix the pot holes. I don't think I start making money for my family until sometime in May.

As for the hotel that sucks but when you stay in those high price places you pay. The place we stay is 169.00 and is right across from the brewery. It won't be the same without you on Friday...if we could talk Hank into bringing up the
motor home that would be fun.

Oh yeah went to Cardiogist today and they scheduled me for a 2 part stress test in April on different days not sure what that means. How you feeling?
Old 03-11-2014, 08:02 PM
Bowtie Member

Glad you found the transport Tony. Years ago we paid a broker to bring a wagon from New York state. It was SO expensive, and the wagon ended up being a piece of crap. Lesson learned.

As far as Frankenmuth, it is turning into another Woodward with prices being thru the roof. Sorry you have to give up something you have enjoyed for years.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 03-12-2014, 03:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowgray396 View Post
That's a little steep. One car show I'm going to in the end of June it's only $70 a night for a nice Hotel.
What gets me is the last night there, they slide a flyer under the door that says we can stay an extra day for 79 bucks.

Ric, I'm feeling a lot better. Went to the Doc on Monday. He said the main artery was blocked in two places. One blockage was 90% and the other one was 70%. I'm smoking about half of what I was. Won't be long and I'll be smoking no more at all. I've never heard about a two part stress test. Good luck.

Nancy, I filled out some on-line quote request for the transport. Between the middle-eastern, Mexican, and Sweeds that called, it didn't take long to realize I don't want those fools touching anything that I own.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:54 AM

Tony good for you on cutting down and eventually stopping smoking, as I'm sure that is one of the big causes for the blockage.

I'm sure Kathy will be helping you to quit and you do want to enjoy your new place in Florida for years to come.

I'm working on eating better and getting some exercise and I'm sure that will help me a lot and Leslie is really pushing me this time.

The second part from what I've been reading is some sort of scan after enduring exercise and they inject some sort of chemical in me to watch how the blood flows during the scan.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Bowtie Member

Ric, believe it or not, many people have reversed blockages in their arteries by eating an all vegetable diet. I know that since I have changed the way we eat, and what we eat, Davids doctor has taken him off of his cholesterol medication. I also know that eating a more "vegan" diet has given us more energy and helped us to lose weight.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org