ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevrolet Corner

Old 04-13-2011, 07:43 PM
Bowtie Member

Default Guess who is in the ACES May '11 magazine.

I just received my April/May 2011 ACES Chevelle World magazine. As always I start in the front and read it from cover to cover. I am always amazed at the beautiful cars and just how Chuck has seemed to take a personal interest in each and everything written about in the magazine.

On one of the first few pages is an editorial from Chuck talking about the lost distance cruise that he made with a bunch of his friends. I continue reading then I come across an article titled "Summertime Cruise" written by Chuck Hanson. As I am looking at the very 1st picture, who do I see.....It is flash and Mrs. flash with HER beautiful 1972 Chevelle Convertible.

The article continues on, describing where they went, showing some beautiful pictures of the cars in front of some of the unique spots that they stopped along their 1600 mile trip.

What I really liked was a caption on one of the pictures of flash and his wife. It read "With the top down on their convertible, the ear-to-ear grins were the only way that we saw John and Joan for the entire trip." I know that when we saw them last year on one of their stops at the Ohio ACES show, that they were always smiling then too. The article goes on to say that at one of the events, along their travels, flash was the winner of the long distance award.

I just wanted to share this with everyone. And for those that are not ACES members. This magazine alone is worth the annual membership fee. For anyone who has not received their ACES magazine yet, I am sorry if I spoiled it for you. I just wanted to give recognition to flash and Ms flash and to let you know what amazing people they are. Congrats flash !

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 04-13-2011, 07:55 PM

That's great! Flash, sounds like you had a pretty good trip. Good enough to make Chevelle World, congrats.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 04-13-2011, 08:24 PM

They were all smiles here in Oregon when they were here. Two of the best people you could ever meet. Way to go John and Joan.

Ray
Old 04-13-2011, 08:40 PM

Thanks guys ,but youre going to ruin my reputation .That was the most fun trip weve ever had the oportunity to take. And the Oregon guys could not have been any kinder to us all. They put on a hell of a show and cook some burgers to die for. I wish we could go back this year but it aint in the budget. I am proud to have made so many friends on that trip .

John
Old 04-13-2011, 08:42 PM

I forgot to mention the DJ at the Oregon show had the coolest short bus Id love to take a ride in .Im surprised Chuck didnt include a pic of it but I bet Ray could dig one up.

John
Old 04-14-2011, 12:46 PM
Bowtie Member

I think that you guys made memories of a lifetime on that trip.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:54 PM

No doubt about the memories ,I highly recomend anyone who can to make the Oregon Chevelle Show and enjoy all the scenery in between your home and your destination. We saw so much in those 2 weeks that its still hard to believe .

John
Old 09-06-2011, 01:54 PM

We are preparing to go to Maine on another of Chucks great adventures ,it makes me think of this trip out west to Oregon and the fun times we had . We will head to Nashville Saturday evening and leave for Ohio for our first night of the actual adventure with Chuck and others .We have very few clues as to our destinations other than we end up in Maine. It was mentioned that we may visit Niagara Falls which would be cool as we have never been.

John
Old 09-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Bowtie Member

If you were asked to bring your birth certificate or passport, then you could go through Michigan. You would go up to Port Huron and go across the Blue Water bridge into Canada then onto Niagara Falls. Or you could stay in the states up to the Falls. If you end up coming up near Michigan, give me a call. We are only an hour north of the border and we would come and see ya.

Either way have a wonderful trip ! Stay safe !

Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

I was in Niagara Falls last Thursday John. It's still there!
Have a safe trip.
You'll love the New England states...