ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > The Backyard meeting spot > Off Topic
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 04-09-2020, 04:32 AM

We are the same here hank. We don't owe anything. Everything we have is paid for, and we both are getting SS now. How long that will last is also up for debate. I made some wise investments many years ago, thinking that I would be set for life. But, when I see my portfolio drop 1/4 of a million in three days, I get just a little antsy. The last big hit we lost 185 grand, never to be seen again. There has been a slight up-tick in the last few days, but damn, this aint funny. I read where they figure that over 50% of the small business places will never open again. I feel so bad for those guys. The Gov has revised the guesstimate of lost lives, so that is making shit a little better for now.
Old 04-09-2020, 07:53 AM

I haven't looked at my IRA for awhile. I know it's down a lot, just have to hope it recovers some. Lynda and I have pensions and SS, we could survive on that but things would be tight. I did lower the amount coming out of the IRA every month. We're not going anywhere or doing anything so why take the money out while the market is down.

It's the loss of jobs and businesses that worries me. I think this country is going to look a whole different when this is over and it won't be in a good way.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 04-09-2020, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintTony View Post
And when I do post conflicting info from what the bullshit MSM does, the idiots become all riled up. It is astounding how closed minded some of those asshole are.

As an example, the headline from The Flint Journal, the local newspaper in Flint, has a headline that says "Ruben Burkes, former UAW leader dies from virus". Only when you actually read the article, it states that he "might" have had the virus. He was 86 years old with multiple health issues. Most just read the headline and believe it. When the paper is questioned about it, they do not respond. They rely heavily on the AP for thier major stories, so the are well versed at spreading lies and bullshit.
Exactly. They are including deaths from auto accidents, suicide, etc - to the statistics. Bunch of BS. Not only that, the tests can't even pinpoint what you have, just "positive." Could be the regular flu, covid19, sars, etc.
Old 04-10-2020, 12:13 PM

I know they can't really say how many people have it, had it and recovered, etc. I know that New York is hurting. Our daughter is a nurse anesthetist. Unlike what you see on TV, they are the ones that typically intubate people to put them on a vent. They're also trained to monitor and adjust the ventilators. Right now she is short of work because most of the smaller surgical centers she works at are shutdown. Most of what they do is elective or non-critical surgery. She can go to New York and make $15,000 a week if she wanted to. Problem is that's 12.5 hour shifts, 7 days a week. If the virus doesn't kill you, running non-stop 12.5 hours a day, 7 days a week will.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle