ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Paint and Body

Old 08-30-2015, 02:11 PM

Had a good day with the old girl today. I got the windshield siliconed and the chrome on permanently.
I got the doors and trunk weather stripped. Wow needed a wind up from left feild to shut the trunk at first. It settling down to close to normal pressure already. Doors did that when I put the upper window weather stripping in. It will form to it later.
I got the 2 cowl pieces left now. I need to run and get more clips I dont have enough.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:12 PM

Looking sharp
Old 09-02-2015, 08:27 AM

About to get the grill and rest of the brightwork ordered. Then question and answer period about interior stuff. They busy and i cant get through.

EDIT:Just got through. it on the way Yippee.

Last edited by chevymaher; 09-02-2015 at 09:39 AM.
Old 09-04-2015, 03:31 PM

Well the order came. I said to send the grill without the backordered eyebrows. And the thing I wanted most was not there. The grill. It says they sent it. There was the correct number of boxes they said they sent. I have dealt with them on past clusterfricks and they are very good about it. But it is still a let down.

I am sure it just wasn't sent. Because the back order. Guy pulllin the order missed his memo. Anyway parts got here at 3 and by the time I inventoried it all they were closed. They close at 3 on Friday at ground up. So I burnt till whenever. Monday a holiday so I bet I cant even get it settled until Tuesday.

So I guess I wont be painting the grill tomorrow like i thought when I got the boxes.

But on the bright side I be putting on a bunch of new chrome somewhere. New mirror set look outstanding.
Old 09-05-2015, 07:41 PM

I called today and the grill wasn't sent. The eyebrows on back order due to be there monday or tues. It be shipped then.

I got the chrome on the gas pedal today. Marker lights on the fenders. And the majority of the day puzzling the wiper motor and arms and wipers.
It hard to remember how it went.
When it was never there when you took it apart.
It been apart over 10 years. And the last 68 or 69 I owned was in the late 80's

Got the chrome on under the wipers. Rear chrome on the hood. Started fiddling with the rear window chrome and seal. Got called to eat supper.
Game over.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:34 PM

Got the drip rails on and the drivers side moldings today. I think next time I at my buddies or he brings his here. I gonna compare the rockers on the 71. They got a nice rocker trim that would look good with what I got going on here.
I had the mirror mounted also, but took it back off so it don't get nailed going to the van. It just one screw so no big deal.

Still just muddling along here.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 03:15 PM

Well that took a while. Making the parts the same shape as the car. Nothing a little work can't accomplish. Got the grill finished just now. Outside of the car is officially complete.

From here on out for a while I be doing less exciting and newsworthy thing. Brakes undercoating and gas tank. Putting in larger fuel lines. Get the hump in for the console shifter boot. Easy stuff. And I ready for some less intense stuff. Just do it.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 09:26 PM

Look really awesome! What color blue is that? It look close to what I picked for mine. You going to have it on the road this year?
Old 09-17-2015, 10:19 PM

04 GTO Impulse blue. No it still a ways off to running. brakes and gas tank stuff this winter smaller details. Interior in the spring. Then I got to buy a engine. It getting closer tho.
Old 11-08-2016, 04:35 PM

Well it has been years now. I got the floor jack and got it outside for a wash with a hose soap and water. And of course some pics. Mainly cleaning under the hood and in the door jambs in the trunk. Getting wax and cough cough buffing compound off of it.

I been starting to clean more parts. For the underneath stuff. I haven't forgot about the poor girl my wifes college is just killing me at the moment. It was killin me I just had to play with it. get it in the sun even tho it was cloudy. I just wanted to see the silly thing in the light for a change.

Will it ever run again LOL.

Last edited by chevymaher; 07-20-2017 at 07:01 PM.