ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 07-23-2017, 09:59 PM

I almost have the new motor ready to fire. Decided to order a new fan and few miscellaneous brackets because the old ones were in rough shape. Going on vacation shortly so it'll be August before it runs
Old 07-24-2017, 05:17 PM

Well we will be here waiting. You Tube it so we can hear it.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:07 AM

I have been restoring that boat I mentioned. Putting new wood and interior in it. I do something my son ask in a impatient way, But dad did you work on the chevelle today?
LOL I wish these old cars were as cheap as boats. I can redo the entire boat and interior for less than half the cost of the interior i need to buy.
But it is keeping me busy. I hate not having a major project going on. Clock is ticking this is the last semester for my wife. Just spent enough on books to do the silly interior on the car.

Being a adult with responsibilities isn't all it is cracked up to be.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:53 AM

Yesterday I drove the Chevelle home from the Northern Ohio Chevelle Show ,man my tail was sore .

John
Old 08-17-2017, 01:39 AM

I just cleaned the seats and placed an order at 4wheelonline for a set of BFG Gforce sport comp tires.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:56 AM

Changed the oil and filter, that's about it.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 08-20-2017, 09:31 PM

Cleaned my car up and fix a couple of small items on it. Most likely getting it ready to sell. I figure if I sell it I can pay off my house and find some other toy to play with. Only manage to drive it twice this summer and only put 600 miles on it since 2012 when I finished it.

Last edited by shadowgray396; 08-20-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 05:49 AM

I understand Ray , I have sold several toys and plan to sell a couple more ,with only one income now I cant afford to keep them all insured .

John
Old 08-22-2017, 03:49 AM

I get it too Ray and John. I figured that I would never sell the cars that I have now, but just don't have the interest now that I used to have. Would sell in a heartbeat right now.
Old 08-23-2017, 04:19 AM

I never lost interest. I am sure I will own mine barring a accident for the rest of my life. Wife is in her last semester of college now. It is almost my time for it to be finished.

I wont drive it in rain on purpose but i am sure i will get caught out in it a few times. But my plans are to use it as a driver like my truck and van. Tank a week is its ration. Drink it fast there big boy LOL.

Now it isn't everyone. People on this site are the exception to the rule. But it saddens me the type of people owning these cars and their attitudes towards the hobby. As I said before I tend to just enjoy it to myself locally where people are not like that and really couldn't give a crap about originality.

There was a post in the non chevelle tech section. Guy ask if anyone made a new stereo fit with extension cables. So I posted what I did.

Even then the holier than tho crowd reared their ugly head. I got a all numbers matching bla bla bla and it isn't right to do this. What part of nobody cares and this is non chevelle tech didn't you get.

I actually avoid numbers cars at shows because I don't want to hear the I am god attitude of the owners.

These types don't get it isn't about money or anything like that. It is a hobby and supposed to be fun. Personal choice in building a hot rod.

They kinda do the same thing in the boat forum. Telling new guys if it isn't a certain boat it wont be worth what you got in it when you restore it. Daa it is a boat I don't need it at all. It don't matter if it is a new boat it is a waste of money. Same thing applies to chevelles.

But like the chev I like it and want it. I am not fickle and know what I want. Anything i buy and put the time into to fix. I will get my moneys worth out of it just by the fact I will wear it completely out . It will be in the same shape I originally got it in when I am 90.

Here in my part of the world there are alot of guys like me. Cars that sit under a tarp. Never use them. But they will never get rid of them. So value is irrelevant. Once you get old and die you can't take the money with you. it is about enjoying the time you have here.

Everyone has dreams. And fulfilling them is more important than money is. LOL I found out getting this boat. That was one of my wifes dreams to have one. She is a Philippino and a island girl. So boat is a chevelle to her in her world she came from.

She supports my want for the chevelle but is kinda blase' about it. Show me when it is done and I can ride in it. Now the boat she is asking are you going to work on it today when you got time. She wants that puppy back on the water.