ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Garage > Chevelle Interiors

Old 05-07-2015, 09:26 AM

Default 1966 interior paint sheen

Hi, I am re doing the interior on my 66 ss and am a little confused on what gets painted shiny and what gets low gloss. I know the seat backs and sides get low gloss and probably the console too. does the dash, steering column and wheel and door tops all get painted shiny. anyone know for sure??
Old 05-07-2015, 12:25 PM

It isnt a gloss. it what they calling a 60% or so gloss. Here is a list of interior paints.

http://chevellestuff.net/1966/interiors/int_paint.htm
Old 05-08-2015, 06:41 AM

thanks for the paint numbers. I wonder if anyone can tell me what gets painted with what sheen? I am pretty sure the steering wheel, column and dash get 100% gloss. but my car is from Ariz and the insides are so sunburned that it is hard to tell. do the seat backs get 60% gloss?
Old 05-08-2015, 03:50 PM

Dash, steering wheel and door tops are all the same. It isn't glossy. All the paint listed. My first 7 cars were 66 chevelles and all of them were the same. I didn't and neither did anybody else care about being factory back then. I was painting it all gloss as soon as I got them.

Got me on the seat question tho. Back then they were new enough interiors and were still good. So I never had to mess with that. Moses and I used to comment on that after he was done at the river.