ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk
Register FAQ Chevelle Chat Room Community Calendar

Old 04-11-2020, 01:30 PM

Angry Covercraft Custom Form Fit (Not Custom at all)

Well here is my experience with what I thought was the best indoor car cover on the market. Recently ordered a Covercraft Custom Form Fit indoor dust cover. My buddy got one when for his 58’ F100 and had the truck measured by a rep at SEMA a 2 years ago because they didn’t have pattern in their system. I loved the way it was form fitting and seams detailed the lines of the truck. The material they use is unreal and so soft. So finally decided to get myself one and put my order on the website and followed up with a call to a sales rep to make sure it was done correctly. So, when you do it on the site it asks for the cars Year, Make, Model and Trim. I put in 1966, Chevrolet, Chevelle, SS. A Malibu and SS are the exact same size and shape. Paid $457.52 after 10% military discount, so not cheap! Cover shows up and I put it on the car. Something didn’t seem right, the lines didn’t match the car and it seemed the pattern pieces for the side of the car were too small. The material is stretchy so I was able to get in on the car but it didn’t seem to fit correctly. Not a custom cover for 1966 Chevelle that is for damn sure! Knowing how critical I am I asked the girl friend if I was wrong and she agreed with me the lines didn’t match where they should be. So I started looking at the cover and found the tag on it. The tag states 1964-1967 Chevrolet Chevelle Sedan & Convertible, well anyone who knows anything about Chevelle’s knows 64 and 65 are much different then 66 and 67. As a matter of fact if you look it up a 64’ is almost 4” shorter then the 66/67. So much for a custom cover. Well I contacted Covercraft, sent them pictures and details of the differences in the years of Chevelles. That got me an answer of “that is the correct pattern number, just stretch it”. Ye, I don’t think so, told them I want a full refund as I am not paying custom cover prices for a one size fits all product. Really got the ye ok what ever attitude about this. I’m sure I’m going to offend someone with my next statement but I really don’t care, I understand the COVID has every company either shut down or just hanging on. Either way it doesn’t make for good business when you treat someone like they don’t know what they are talking about. So with that being said I will not be recommending this company to any of my car buddies or to any one looking to by a car cover.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0894.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	4433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0897.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	4434   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	4435   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0899.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	4436   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0902.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	4437  

Old 09-10-2020, 10:59 PM

I had a similar issue with bucket seat mounts. The manufacture said the mounts fit 64-67 Chevelles. The 64-65 buckets are completely different than 66-newer.
When I called they said that’s all they had.
I wanted the seats so I just cut and rewelded the mounts but it sucked. Manufactured need to get their sheet together.
PS- my car cover for my 66 cost $49 from eBay. Doesn’t fit that bad. Not loose, not tight, not form fitting. But my paint sucks anyway so...
Old 09-11-2020, 05:29 PM

Not car related but similar experience with Andersen Windows. Thought they were a good company, replaced all the windows in the house with their 400 series windows. Finally decided to replace a door wall. Ordered one with 'Sandtone' exterior, white finish wood on the interior. All the windows are sandtone exterior. Get the door and the exterior, sandtown, wraps from the out side and around into the inside. No, I ordered white interior. We changed are manufacturing process, really, you didn't update your website to reflect that. Well, you got what you ordered, yes but it's not what your website describes. Basically tough shit.

Today we opened the box at my daughters to install an Andersen doorwall. Says right on the box, blinds between glass. Guess what, no blinds. They want pictures to prove it? Like I can't tell it doesn't have blinds. Never again with anything Andersen.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 09-11-2020, 07:59 PM

I actually had an appointment it’s Andersen to come out and give us a quote. I canceled before because the online reviews said they were high pressure And can’t stand that in a business.
Still haven’t done the windows either.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:22 AM

I have a Weathertech cover for my '70 El Camino. It fits well but when a seam broke I found it was made by covercraft. Returned and received a new one.
Old 09-13-2020, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67-ls1 View Post
I actually had an appointment it’s Andersen to come out and give us a quote. I canceled before because the online reviews said they were high pressure And can’t stand that in a business.
Still haven’t done the windows either.
That must be Renewal by Andersen. We had the 2nd story sided and new windows installed. Eventually I replaced all the downstairs windows too, but they're not the Renewals, fibrex. Ours are wood framed, vinyl clad exterior. I will say they've held up well. The upstairs windows are around 17 years old.

If Kolbe windows are available in your area they're a little better and around the same cost. By using a contractor and ordering the windows you want you'll probably end up with a better job and better windows for the same or less cost.

70 Chevelle SS396(454), M20, 3.73
My Chevelle
Old 02-01-2021, 08:01 AM

For that sort of money I would expect the measurements to be spot on not universal, I don't have a first gen Chevelle (mines 68) but i looked at the sizes between 64 - 67 and they vary quite a lot. You deserve a refund and an apology !!! Good luck

Tags
#covercraft