ChevelleForum.net

Go Back   Chevrolet Chevelle Forums > Chevrolet Chevelle Car Talk > Chevelle General Talk

Old 09-22-2014, 06:54 AM
Bowtie Member

Ray looks like you have your winter project. It is just sad that you have under 400 miles on it in the past 3 years. Hopefully you will get all the problems corrected this winter and enjoy your car more next year.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 09-22-2014, 07:02 AM
Bowtie Member

This weekend I didn't have time to take my car out, except to park it at the end of the driveway because we had a garage sale. Earlier in the week I spend a lot of time cleaning the car up because the weather was perfect, a little over cast, mid 60's and just beautiful weather to clean it.

So while the garage sale was in full swing my neighbor decided that it is time to cut his grass. I couldn't get over to cover it until it was covered with grass that his lawnmower was blowing right at it. It really ticked me off because this guy has seen me spending hours on the car in the past and he knows that I put it away or cover it when he has cut his grass before. I think that the reason that I am so aggrivated is because on Friday he had someone come to his house to fix his outdoor fence and his outdoor electrical outlet was not working, and being a good neighbor, I let the repairman use the outlet in my garage. So much for getting a thank you from my neighbor when I told him about it. Same neighbor that my kids shoveled his sidewalk last year in the snow and he didn't even say thank you to them. I think I am done being neighborly to this family who moved in last year with 3 small children.

For the audio geek try: www.audiokarma.org

Old 09-22-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Grumpy View Post
Ray looks like you have your winter project. It is just sad that you have under 400 miles on it in the past 3 years. Hopefully you will get all the problems corrected this winter and enjoy your car more next year.
Been gone since May around here. Missed all the car shows I really wanted to go too. Finally home for a while I think, and the rains are just around the corner and all the car shows are done. Going to run it over to a friends shop and see if we can finally find this pesky oil leak this week.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:43 AM

It sounds like more a volume than pressure problem, I would unhook the fuel line put a rubber hose on it so you can get the gas from under the hood. Fill the fuel bowls manually and start it give it a rev. That thing should shoot like a fire hose.If it dont you found your problem.
A coke bottle hanging from the open hood just gravity feed is enough pressure to run the car full throttle. Less than a lb of pressure. But the volume of gas flowing in is enough. Carbs dont care about pressure like injection does. Just that enough gas is getting there.
Old 09-22-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymaher View Post
It sounds like more a volume than pressure problem, I would unhook the fuel line put a rubber hose on it so you can get the gas from under the hood. Fill the fuel bowls manually and start it give it a rev. That thing should shoot like a fire hose.If it dont you found your problem.
A coke bottle hanging from the open hood just gravity feed is enough pressure to run the car full throttle. Less than a lb of pressure. But the volume of gas flowing in is enough. Carbs dont care about pressure like injection does. Just that enough gas is getting there.
Exactly, more pressure does not mean more volume.
Old 09-22-2014, 12:06 PM

We making ground here I got motor plates and I getting the power steering unit just to have extra.
The old Furd is loaded and my buddy taking the first load to the scrapyard. But i already got everything I absolutely needed.
It was through the goalpost score.Soon as this thing gone I a happy camper.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:44 PM

When I scrap something is there anything left?
Old 09-23-2014, 01:37 PM

Picked up a set of heads and another block for the 69'.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymaher View Post
When I scrap something is there anything left?

Getting down there.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to BillsCamino

Picked up the Sprint's buckets from the upholstery shop yesterday afternoon...very impressed with the Legendary covers!!
I'll finish installing the new carpet today and bolt them in. Hopefully the dash speakers will arrive soon and I'll be just about finished with this car.
I'm hoping to drive it down to Ocala, FL next weekend for the All GM show sponsored by NPD.
Heading up to Charlotte Friday morning for the NC Chevelle club's show held a Rick Hendrick's Motorsport complex.
Awesome venue for a show!!!